+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: Dynalab Signal Sleuth

I'm Peter.

Default For Sale: Dynalab Signal Sleuth

As no longer used, an opportunity to acquire a very nice condition Dynalab 205 System Sleuth in perfect working order and no marks that I can see. 240V Version. ( Black)

Would suit any Dynalab FM tuner, but used with the the Dynalab Magnum Etude FT 101A at present.

I guess these are quite rare nowadays but the price does not reflect that case.

Asking £250+ P&P .... sorry no offers, I would rather keep it.

Photo’s below.

pm if interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by walpurgis; 26-04-2018 at 07:30. Reason: Title edit

I'm Peter.

A great shame, no interest after all the words on a Better FM system.

Sorry now on Evil Bay..... for much more than asked hear.

Such a travesty......

Sometimes don’t quite understand you guys.

Hay ho,!!!!!!!

I'm Geoff.

Are you serious? It's only been on here a few hours and it can take a little while to get a sale.

I'm Peter.

I‘m sorry, I thought this might get a hit quite quickly as not many ever come up. My mistake..... I apologise.

Peter

I'm Geoff.

Peter. Even with sought after items, it may take a few days or longer for members to even see the offers here. Not everybody is looking here, nor do they necessarily spend a lot of time on the forum.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Peter. Even with sought after items, it may take a few days or longer for members to even see the offers here. Not everybody is looking here, nor do they necessarily spend a lot of time on the forum.
    Yes indeed, sorry

Perhaps too ambitious.... a Vinyl man..... but knocked out by Roon,

I hate this stuff.... but bollocks , is it good. Yes indeed it is !! NAC Does it for me!!

Denon / Dynavector, The best it is , or can be !!

Soooooo confused .,!

Peter

I'm Peter.

Sorry Geoff,

I meant NUC,..... JUST Confusing the issue.

Peter

I'm Alan.

It might help if the title was correct, Dynalab SIGNAL Sleuth.

Most people wouldn't have a clue what it was anyway, so a description of its function and benefits would aid the sale greatly.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    It might help if the title was correct, Dynalab SIGNAL Sleuth.

Most people wouldn't have a clue what it was anyway, so a description of its function and benefits would aid the sale greatly.

Thanks for That Correction.

My target for this bit of kit was specifically for the few owners of the Dynalab Etude on this forum and wasn’t really thinking about others, but of course it’s doesn’t matter what tuner you have, this will benefit all.

Anyway, a description is detail below as recommended. Thanks for your advice and correction.

Product Description

The SIGNAL SLEUTH brings with it a whole new world of FM-stereo enjoyment. Whether it be Bach, rock, or current affairs, the SLEUTH will e x p a n d your world of FM-stereo entertainment, bringing you more FM stations, more clearly. Also, with the SIGNAL SLEUTH bringing you a cleaner, more substantial signal, you will experience more of the depth and realism that is being broadcast from stations with "fine arts" quality, program signals.

Put simply, the SIGNAL SLEUTH ...

amplifies weak FM signals cleanly
    attenuates strong, harsh signals without coloration
    stabilizes FM antenna (and FM cable) signals
    separates interfering adjacent-station signals
    reduces multipath problems

Along with establishing a clearer, crisper sound, a most important attribute of the SLEUTH is its ability to establish and maintain a useable FM program signal level. In most cases, this will eliminate the annoying "flip-flop" stereo-to-mono-to-stereo switching usually experienced with many FM tuners having non-variable, automatic "blend" circuits.

Probably the penultimate FM accessory (the ultimate would be our Etude FM Tuner), SLEUTH FM signal amplifiers have already awakened many FM enthusiasts to the brightness and depth available with a stronger FM signal. As a matter of fact, it prompted one customer to refer to his SLEUTH as ...

"One FM accessory no true audiophile should be without!" Easy to install and even easier to use, the SLEUTH model 205 fits neatly into just about any component or integrated receiver system. As such, it brings all its fine attributes to your fingertips while maintaining a sleek but unobtrusive demeanor within the system.

Along with adding phenomenal new power to home FM antennas, from single dipoles to multi-element, stacked arrays, the SIGNAL SLEUTH 205 features ...

signal amplification variable from -30dB thru +30dB (30 times to gain) to bring weak stations to full quieting * and tame strong, harsh, local signals

full tunability with a "hi Q," 600 KHz bandwidth. This adds some 70dB+ in Spurious Response selectivity

an electronic antenna switching system to bypass the SLEUTH's amplifier when not needed. Also with the SLEUTH's direct "in/out" Antenna Signal switching system, instant A/B comparison is always available

a low profile, rack-mount style cabinet in satin black * "Full quieting" is dependent on the tuner's requirement to establish a "50dB quieting level."

How well does the Power Sleuth perform?

In an independent test, using a commercially available FM tuner, the following percentile improvements were obtained with the SLEUTH on line:

Sensitivity (under 1dB limiting) -170% Spurious Response Rejection -90% Image Rejection -380% Ultimate Selectivity was rated at 70dB+ Also, the total harmonic distortion (THD) remained unchanged, indicating the Sleuth added no measurable distortion of its own.

Once you've heard it, you will begin rediscovering stereo FM all over again!

I'm Neil.

Owning a MD tuner is not a pre requisite of having one, I own one and use it with other much higher quality Japanese tuners.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast