+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Ker pow!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    What it says on that Wikipedia page, if you scroll down under the word Definition, (I tried to copy and paste but it wouldn’t act right) is exactly what I am trying to say, a measurement of change over time, and when that is referring to the output of an amp, the output does not resemble the input, just as the illustration of the square wave being skewed, this is all I am trying to get across, just as described on this Wikipedia page. The larger the number, the greater the deformation of the waveform, so bigger is not better, at least when talking about the output of an amp.

Russell
    If the amplifier has a high slew rate the deformation of the square wave will be less, because the sloping rise and fall of the reproduced waveform will be steeper. That is the voltage can rise to the maximum required level in a shorter period of time. The slew rate is precisely a measure of how fast the output voltage can follow that of the input waveform. It is a measure of how steep the rising and falling parts of the waveform can be. An ideal, perfect, amplifier would have an infinite slew rate, so that a square wave would be reproduced without any distortion; the rising and falling parts of it would be vertical.

Hence the higher the slew rate value, the better.
    Barry

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    If the amplifier has a high slew rate the deformation of the square wave will be less, because the sloping rise and fall of the reproduced waveform will be steeper. That is the voltage can rise to the maximum required level in a shorter period of time. The slew rate is precisely a measure of how fast the output voltage can follow that of the input waveform. It is a measure of how steep the rising and falling parts of the waveform can be. An ideal, perfect, amplifier would have an infinite slew rate, so that a square wave would be reproduced without any distortion; the rising and falling parts of it would be vertical.

Hence the higher the slew rate value, the better.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819