+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some advice needed.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    stiffeners are good too, but you can make those if you have old boxes you want rid of.
    I keep all my ones from buys as they can be reused numerous times.
    Agreed (again).
    I've got a mate - an ex-customer - who buys loads of records every week and he keeps all his mailers for me.

I also use crisp boxes as they're the right size to rip up for four stiffeners
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Steve.

I just wanted to add my tuppence to this thread.

If I bought a pricey record and it arrived in a standard mailer or even worse a cruciform I would be a very unhappy bunny as they give no real protection to the cover's corners. these are cheaper than your first choice and are identical:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50-12-LP-...H/322182332302

It is always better to remove the record and inner sleeve from the cover to avoid seam splits in transit. if the original inner was a printed/lyric type I would even put the record into an other sacrificial one.

If you look on eBay you'll notice that many of the "more expensive" sellers make a big deal out of their packaging and rightly so.

It's absolutely criminal to spend decent money on a beautiful record and cover and then have the cover split and dinked by inadequate packaging. It's happened to me in the past and the record has always gone back for a full refund.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Grant.

i used to add bubble wrap in the corners for extra protection taped over.. also can be added inside round record.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i used to add bubble wrap in the corners for extra protection taped over.. also can be added inside round record.
    to be fair Grant, I'm thinking that when the postie drops that record onto a mailer corner that might not work.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    to be fair Grant, I'm thinking that when the postie drops that record onto a mailer corner that might not work.
    well, it was a thick bit wrapped over a few times. it was quite bouncy.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm kev.

Hi Graham
    I'm very local to you
    Could you maybe pm me with a list and prices I could pop by
    <a href=http://s36.photobucket.com/user/lauren1809/media/33A4D3D2-B423-47CD-BC7D-AC331E29C355_zpsj2tyfozt.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e12/lauren1809/33A4D3D2-B423-47CD-BC7D-AC331E29C355_zpsj2tyfozt.jpg target=_blank>http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...psj2tyfozt.jpg</a></a>

I'm Micky.

Graham! maybe you could put a list up here so we all have a chance to buy ...

I'm bob.

Interesting thread.

I've been going through hundreds of records today trying to figure out what to do with them.

So far there's a small pile of really badly scratched that are going to the tip, and a slightly bigger pile of scratched ones that are going to the charity shop.

There remain several piles.

Lots of immaculate 1970s classical, or film scores. Lots of trad jazz not yet checked out. Comedy records. Neil Diamond. John Denver. Piles of more interesting valuable ones, from rock to classical.

I'll likely eBay the valuable ones (£50+) but in my experience it's really hard selling anything in the £20 and under zone, and a lot of what I have is probably under a tenner...

I agree with the comment above telling you to put up a list! It might inspire me to do one myself if I see you do it first!

R

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Hi Graham,

Some of the later Kate Bush titles you mention go for eye-watering prices, so first off I would look at what they go for on ebay at close of auctions. There are a few on there right now.

Ste.

I'm Adrian.

I'm looking forward to your list and would be interested in the Kate Bush albums.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects