+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piggyback Banana Plugs

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default Piggyback Banana Plugs

I need some reasonable quality piggyback/stackable banana plugs, like these (but I don't need the lead)

or spring clip adaptors like these

basically anything that will take a 4mm banana plug in one end and either has a 4mm banana plug or bare wire to go into the speaker terminals

I need them for a new pair of speakers where the terminals are only designed to take bare wire. Of course I could just use my current speaker cable 4mm banana plugs but as the cable isn't that cheap I don't want to crush the plug so was thinking about how I can adapt it so the crushing will be on a 'sacrificial' plug or wire; hope that makes sense

The only piggyback banana plugs I can find are all pretty cheap offerings or just far too expensive, there seems to be nothing in between. The Russ Andrews spring clip adaptors look perfect, albeit the wire looks a bit thin, but they are £39 for 4 and I didn't want to spend that much at the moment

If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm guy.

if you have a soldering iron just connect bare wire to cheap banana sockets?
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Plenty of stackable banana plugs on ebay for little cost.
    Barry

Thanks Barry and others

I did find some suitable stackable plugs for not a lot of money

However I now think that I can connect the NACA5 plugs directly into the Maggie sockets without damaging them too much so will do that when I have a mo..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Great thanks Geoff I had those saved as well but I think I can use the standard plugs but just not tighten them so much that they crush them.. if not then they would be a good alternative
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

If this is for your Maggies, I think you will find that they will take standard banana plugs. You just need to loosen the pin that normally clamps bare wire.

Personally, I prefer the bare wire connection and when replacing my Maggie speaker cable went with the bare wire at speaker end option.

Geoff

Yes Geoff for the Maggies

I didn't want to crush and damage the plugs on the NACA5 but I think I actually can use them into the Maggie sockets after all without doing too much harm
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Yes Geoff for the Maggies

I didn't want to crush and damage the plugs on the NACA5 but I think I actually can use them into the Maggie sockets after all without doing too much harm
    Being an older Maggie, the sockets will probably have oxidised a little. A little bit of wet and dry paper rolled into a tight tube and applied to the insides of the sockets will be worthwhile on several counts.

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Being an older Maggie, the sockets will probably have oxidised a little. A little bit of wet and dry paper rolled into a tight tube and applied to the insides of the sockets will be worthwhile on several counts.

Geoff
    Thanks for the tip Geoff.. I already treated all the sockets with Deoxit including the fuse holder before I plugged them in
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast