+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nytech Help

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    By the time we got them at KJ in the very late seventies, they'd been sorted, although Russ Andrews, who was an agent for them then, warned us about the unreliability of the originals...
    Tell me about it.. Re: Russ andrews. I loved my ARC '101' speekas..I posted mine youks ago in the classic galley even tho Rob seeemd to think those & other pics of mine are his pic he's not old enough to even know them

Post number 26.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...p?t=356&page=3

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Active done right is always better than practically any passive and those who've ever compared active and passive versions of the same speaker should agree with me I think. ARC 101's and 'Briks, even with the little Nytech active system driving them, sounded really good to me, even if they didn't go hugely loud...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

Active done right is always better than practically any passive and those who've ever compared active and passive versions of the same speaker should agree with me I think. ARC 101's and 'Briks, even with the little Nytech active system driving them, sounded really good to me, even if they didn't go hugely loud...
    Active power amps i used with the ARC's (Years ago) were A&R Cambridge 'SA60'/'A60AP' & Quantum Electronics '207DA'/'102'Pre/'402' PSU both great combinations..ARC '101' go for peanuts on E-Bay probably cos no ones heard of them.

I'm Dave.

Er, don't count me in with that. We used to have two speakers, a 20 Tower and a 100 (I'll leave out the maker) and they both could be run passive or apply the mains and they were active. It was fairly easy to drive them with an amp which sounded better than those internal. I will say that being active with internal amps was a cheaper option though.

As for the ARC 101, the out of phase tweeter was clearly audible as a large suckout in the upper mid which meant all sorts of instruments etc would all but disappear. When activated, that suckout was smoothed over and they sounded 'better' but still not good. IMO.

I'm Nobody.

Anything you do like Dave?

I'm Dave.

Plenty but I'm picky....

I'm Nobody.

I gathered

I am that's way i don't entertain modern shite

I'm Pete.

Default Nytech plug

Pete.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

...And?......
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

Why on earth would you want to pay someone to wire a plug up for this purpose?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast