+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nytech Help

Unhappy Nytech Help

Hi out there !!
    Wondering if anyone could help with a problem I ve run into, I have a Nytech tuner amp CTA 252XDII which has been packed away for a long time, after setting it up again, there seems that the DIN shorting plug is missing or lost, does anybody know if I get buy a replacement or if I can make a replacement myself ??
    MGK.......

I'm Nobody.

Do you know the pin din layout ID. standard din plugs with the correct pins wired together will work

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by MGK View Post
    Hi out there !!
    Wondering if anyone could help with a problem I ve run into, I have a Nytech tuner amp CTA 252XDII which has been packed away for a long time, after setting it up again, there seems that the DIN shorting plug is missing or lost, does anybody know if I get buy a replacement or if I can make a replacement myself ??
    MGK.......
    Scuse me...please go to the Welcome section and say hello first. Tell us about yourself, first name please, basic location and your system and taste in music. This is a basic requirement when you join AOS.

Thank you D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm Nobody.

Hi Andre, I donīt know the pin Din layout ID, I read in the instruks booklet that "DIN sockets on this unit with ser no 4xxxx i.e. XD2 40288" does it mean anything ? I have a Din socket with phono leads coming out of it, would be asking for "Trouble" if I try the 6 or more shorting combinations????
    MGK....
    Gavin.

I'm Nobody.

Here's a Nytech '302' bridging link diagram on the rear i'm asuming yours should be the same even tho it's a '252', you can chance it & have a go i hold no responcability tho, not that it will blow anything up

Looks like the bridging is:
    Pins 1-3 (Left channel in to out)
    Pins 4-5 (Right channel in to out)

So all you need is a new 5 Pin Din plug & away you go, get soldering..

Good luck.

Hi, Ok I will try that and will post a message letting you know how it went.....as soon as I can get the Din plug soldered up
    Many thanks for the help ;-)
    MGK..
    Gavin.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Yep, just short pin 1 to pin 3 and pin 4 to pin 5 and you'll be away....

If you get crackes and other nasties, you may have to open the thing up and GENTLY ease the top section out a tad from the bottom one and GENTLY return, thus cleaning the myriad contacts holding the upper and lower sections together...

A total PITA to service (and early ones weren't reliable), but wonderful sounding and an endearing classic IMO.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Dave.

I could never understand why they crammed so much into so little space. They were an absolute nightmare. We bought in two IIRC and had trouble keeping them going long enough to be able to bang them out at trade...

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

By the time we got them at KJ in the very late seventies, they'd been sorted, although Russ Andrews, who was an agent for them then, warned us about the unreliability of the originals...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast