+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DC on outputs

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Are the readings with the speakers connected or without?

I'm probably being a bit cautious here, even with 0.18V on the speakers the actual power dissipated in the speakers is only 4 milliwatts, which is of no concern at all.
    Without speakers.

This was the subject of a thread a long time ago and my techie was supposed to collect and sort the Hiraga but he's been overloaded. I'm going a bit crazy without music while the 75 is being fixed and would love to hook it up and play some tunes.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

Nothing to worry about as far as the speakers are concerned. Some amps can have as much as 1VDC on the speaker outputs before their speaker protection relays kick in.
    The manufacturer's service manual would normally specify what the amp's maximum voltage offset should be. Amps with discrete output stages tend to have a preset to adjust the DC offset to as close to 0 as possible. But that value should only be read after the amp has warmed up under no signal condition for 5 to 10 minutes at least. If you are reading the output at switch-on and from cold, then the reading is not accurate as far as the procedure of measuring the voltage is concerned.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Nothing to worry about as far as the speakers are concerned. Some amps can have as much as 1VDC on the speaker outputs before their speaker protection relays kick in.
    The manufacturer's service manual would normally specify what the amp's maximum voltage offset should be. Amps with discrete output stages tend to have a preset to adjust the DC offset to as close to 0 as possible. But that value should only be read after the amp has warmed up under no signal condition for 5 to 10 minutes at least. If you are reading the output at switch-on and from cold, then the reading is not accurate as far as the procedure of measuring the voltage is concerned.
    No I've given it 15 mins warm up.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables