+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question about my copper dac

I'm David.

Default A question about my copper dac

I have some new high Rez (24/96) music to listen to when I get home this evening.
    I know my majik can stream files of this Rez but what is the spec of my copper dac when I comes to this sort of thing?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Good question Hamish. Only Duncan can answer that one.
    I know that the Caiman will handle 24/96 just fine.
    Does your Caiman have the Caiman PSU, or do you have the earlier Beresford PSU with no mention of Caiman. ?
    If it's the latter it might be worth having a word with Stan about getting the Caiman PSU.

Chris

I'm David.

ooo yeah, i forgot about that upgrade... still with the original psu... il sort that when im not so gad-dam poor

in case duncan doesnt show up today

this is the thread that he started i belive about my copper dac http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2145

As promised some internal pix.
    The CS4397 dac has been replaced with a TDA1543 X 4 in paralell with no over sampling, passive i/v.This suits the gain of valve stage much better giving enormous dymanics.
    The CS4397 is very good but does have some glare, is this the internal i/v convertion inside the chip?internal op-amp?
    This was my first attempt at point to point wiring and had to rip it all out twice before I managed to get total silence with the power amp at full gain.How you wire the earths are very important.
    The sound can best be descibed as playing a record without a turntable but with non of the associated problems that brings.
    The other copper case is the first order I have recieved so must be doing something right
    does that shed any light on anything... it means squatity-squat to me!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

The data sheet just keeps on repeating 16 bits http://www.docethifi.com/TDA1543_.PDF
    On that basis alone I'd say it doesn't do 24/96.
    You'd need Duncan to confirm the DAC's capabilities.

Chris

I'm David.

Yeah, I looked at that, I might as well have been writen in Klingon!!

I'm Duncan.

hi hamish

yours is a cs4397 dac, and will accept 24bit 192khz streams.

I'm David.

Well there you go... Happy days!
    Cheers Duncan (that's pretty much made my day) time to listen to some high Rez choons

I'm fightingmywayoutofawetecho.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    Well there you go... Happy days!
    Cheers Duncan (that's pretty much made my day) time to listen to some high Rez choons
    Wait till you see what he's up to next......

Ian....sworn to secrecy
    My System:

Linn Akurate DSM,Naim 32.5 pre amp Hicap,Naim Snaxo Hicap,3x Naim 250 power amps,Active Naim NBLs.
    Dave Hewitt MR PLANK 4 watt SE and Jm Lab Electra 905s.

I'm David.

dac/washer/dryer?

I'm fightingmywayoutofawetecho.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    dac/washer/dryer?
    Good idea lets all have a guessing game
    My System:

Linn Akurate DSM,Naim 32.5 pre amp Hicap,Naim Snaxo Hicap,3x Naim 250 power amps,Active Naim NBLs.
    Dave Hewitt MR PLANK 4 watt SE and Jm Lab Electra 905s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast