+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Tautvilas.

Default Hello

Hi everyone. I have been reading AOS forum for last few years but only recently decided to register. Just got out of vinyl game after 5 years of constant upgrades and record collecting and couldn't be happier. At the moment I'm trying to find perfect amp for my Tannoy Kensington GR speakers. Thanks for tons of usefull info available here.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Tautvilas. Welcome to AOS.

Nice to have Tannoy Kensingtons. Tell us what other equipment you use them with and what music you like.

If you have other future plans for your Hi-Fi we'd like to hear about them.

Feel free to join in the chat, there's plenty going on here. I'm sure you can get opinions on amps.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Tautvilas.

Hi Geoff,

thanks for warm welcome!

At the moment for amplification I use either Yamaha A-S3000 or Melody Dark el34 integrated. One of the amps will have to go. Source is Yamaha CD-S3000 cd player/dac. Speakers are Kensington GR's. I really like Yamaha amp but I feel my tannoys sound better with valves. Bought Chinese el34 Melody Hifi amp to see if push/pull amp with 40w has enough juice for 10 inch dual concentric and at the moment prefer it to Yamaha solid state. Thinking about getting something from this list: Air Tight ATM1, Radford sta25, Quad ii 80.
    Music taste varies from jazz to prog rock with a lot different stuff in between.

I'm Martin.

Hi Tautvilas, welcome to the forum.

Unusual name, are you from Lithuania?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

The Radford Revival STA25 amps are apparently very good with Tannoys. Not tried that combination myself.

RR are a trade member here. This is their trade thread if it's of interest: http://theartofsound.net/forum/forum...adford-Revival

I'm Tautvilas.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Hi Tautvilas, welcome to the forum.

Unusual name, are you from Lithuania?
    Good guess! Yes, I am.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Resonator View Post
    Good guess! Yes, I am.
    I cheated a bit and used the internet. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tautvilas
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Tautvilas.

I would expect all of the valve amplifiers you have mentioned to be suitable for use with your Tannoys, but if it were me, I would take a good look at the Air Tight and the Radford designs.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread