+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For March!

I'm malcolm.

Coldest it's been here, it was bitter walking the dog this morning, I don't often get a cold face but I did today. My Finnish friends are finding us very funny at the moment - one of them posted a pic yesterday of a guy waiting at a station in -25C ...wearing shorts.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Martin.

I walked passed a bloke who was wearing shorts and t shirt yesterday. Not sure what he was trying to prove, although he did not look like he was feeling the cold. Possibly he was an ex-pat Geordie, impossible to tell until they speak.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Saw a chap in Cambridge on Tuesday with not a lot on. OK, it wasn't quite so cold then but it was snowing and he had nothing on his top half except a leather Cowboy hat. He had big boots, combat trousers and lots of tattoos and shoulder length hair but was bare chested. How, why ???

I'm Grant.

some folk just like to show how tough they are., dont realise it just shows how stupid they are
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Ah, but there might be a flip side to that Grant - I often where shorts year round (not right now though!), people often comment and say I'm mad, but I quite like people thinking I'm mad
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Alex.

Had to use Volvosaurus yesterday, (1989 Volvo 340), not been used for about two weeks, started OK. Had to give elderly neighbour (83) a lift back home as it was too dangerous for him to walk. Car is very good in the snow and ice even though it's rear wheel drive, reason being, engine is at front, gearbox etc at back of car, therefore weight distribution is pretty good.

Nice heater too, and electrically heated seats.
    Last edited by spendorman; 01-03-2018 at 13:12.
    Spendorman

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Saw a chap in Cambridge on Tuesday with not a lot on. OK, it wasn't quite so cold then but it was snowing and he had nothing on his top half except a leather Cowboy hat. He had big boots, combat trousers and lots of tattoos and shoulder length hair but was bare chested. How, why ???
    Putin fan.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Volvosaurus .
    Classic.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adam.

Finally got a light dusting of snow down in Hampshire this morning and it's starting again now with the threat that it's going to carry on for the rest of the day. I'd be fine with this, except I have to go to Heathrow this evening to collect Mrs. B and, since the sale of my beloved Range Rover, only have the choice of two RWD cars that don't particularly like snow!

Thinking about it, I'll probably choose her car, partly because it has more tread on its tyres than mine, but mainly because it has heated seats...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Shane.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast