+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bonneville/vinnie.....R.I.P

I'm brian.

Default Bonneville/vinnie.....R.I.P

Im very sad to be writing with the news that Vinnie passed away recently.

Vinnie was a lovely man. A kind and gentle soul who I was delighted to know, and Im sure many other members here who knew him will feel the same way.

A real lover of music, and a Hi Fi box swapper, in the nicest possible way. He came here regularly to let me hear his most recent purchases. Always with real enthusiasm.

I always enjoyed those days of swapping /comparing/mixing his kit with mine.

Vinnies wife Pat, and his son Andy called around here today, and have asked that I let all his many friends from the various Hi Fi forums know the sad news.

They have also asked if I will help sell on all Vinnies Hi Fi collection, and of course I will help out in that area, when the time is right.

I'm Geoff.

Very sorry to hear this.

I'm Neil.

I didn't know Vinnie, but I am sorry to hear this. Condolences to his family and friends.
    Regards Neil

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Very sorry to hear, Brian, that Vinnie's passed away. I knew him (and Dave, who died a few years ago), who were good friends. Like you say, he was a nice old guy. Please pass on my condolences to his family.

Marco.

P.S Why has this thread been locked? No-one has informed me. I'll reopen it , in case anyone else wishes to register their condolences.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

How sad. A lovely man.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Simon.

Sad to hear that, lovely gent. I sold him a cracking pair of EAR 519s a few years back.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Very sorry to hear this I knew Vinnie quite well RIP
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm John.

Really sad to hear this. I bought some speakers from him last year and he told me then that he had cancer but thought he had been given the all clear.

RIP Vinnie, a lovely bloke.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread