+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For March!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I know, I was out in it earlier (fully togged up), doing my daily power walk! But, I cut it short today to 3 miles.

However, it's clearly not just a "wee bit of snow" for all those unfortunate enough to be stranded in their cars on motorways overnight, which was really my point.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Has that happened? I've not seen the news. Anyway like I say in this area there is not really any snow to speak of. No need to shut the schools IMO. That never happened in my day. In 14 years at school the school closed one time for one day. Much worse conditions than this, and that was only because they had run out of oil for the heating. We'd been in the previous day and the conditions were as bad then.

Also you had to stand around freezing your arse off in the yard, as they didn't let you in the building until 0855. Not allowed to do that now. All today's children will grow up to be little softies, with shit music and 'meet me at McDonalds' haircuts. (Looks like 'The Thompson Twins' but gone even wronger). God help us if we have another war.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Artur.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Artur, is Belfast where you're living?

Marco.
    East Belfast Dundonald. Nice place

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Has that happened? I've not seen the news.
    Of course, especially down south in Kent and up in Scotland. You don't drive, so are probably out of touch with what's happening on the roads elsewhere.

No need to shut the schools IMO. That never happened in my day. In 14 years at school the school closed one time for one day. Much worse conditions than this, and that was only because they had run out of oil for the heating.
    It was different then where I was in Glasgow. The schools used to run out of oil all the time, or the heating would pack in, so we used to get days off school, or get sent home early quite often - and it was great, one of the best feelings ever!

All today's children will grow up to be little softies, with shit music and 'meet me at McDonalds' haircuts. (Looks like 'The Thompson Twins' but gone even wronger). God help us if we have another war.
    That I do agree with.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amati74(Artur) View Post
    East Belfast Dundonald. Nice place
    Bet it is, and rather snowy too now, I'd imagine!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Pavel.

It’s been snowing non-stop since yesterday’s evening. We probably already have about 35-40 cm of snow on the ground.

I'm Artur.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Bet it is, and rather snowy too now, I'd imagine!

Marco.
    It was a snowstorm in the morning, but it was beautiful.

I'm Artur.

This weather is a perfect time to listening a music on my turntable
    Today I was listening of fusion jazz

I'm Artur.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    It’s been snowing non-stop since yesterday’s evening. We probably already have about 35-40 cm of snow on the ground.
    And where do you live?

I'm Pavel.

Dublin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast