+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For March!

I'm Martin.

I don't eat anything frozen or tinned (except soup very rarely), don't even have a freezer. Happy to admit my plan is based on society not collapsing. When I think of all the contingencies one needs to plan for that is way, way down the list of priorities.

In any case the plan is flawed. Society collapses, you have 3 weeks of food stored, very good. What do you do when that runs out? Go into the woods and live on leaves and berries? Just postponing the inevitable is not a plan.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200P CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'The best I advice I ever received was to always remember that no-one else has any idea what they are doing either.'

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't eat anything frozen or tinned (except soup very rarely), don't even have a freezer. Happy to admit my plan is based on society not collapsing. When I think of all the contingencies one needs to plan for that is way, way down the list of priorities.

In any case the plan is flawed. Society collapses, you have 3 weeks of food stored, very good. What do you do when that runs out? Go into the woods and live on leaves and berries? Just postponing the inevitable is not a plan.
    lol. yup it is not a plan for collapse, just for a hiccup.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Grant.

stopped snowing now. hoping it goes quickly
    Regards,
    Grant ....

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Well, I'd suggest it's better than having no plan, or just meekly succumbing to the inevitable.

At the very minimum, you'd have three weeks in which to survive, by rationing your available supplies, in order to make them last for as long as possible, during which time you could try and come up with a more long-term plan for survival - and yes, hunting and foraging in the woods for food might be part of that!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    lol. yup it is not a plan for collapse, just for a hiccup.
    Indeed - and *everyone* should be capable of planning for that

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm John.

Whilst we do prefer fresh food/ingredients we do also have a stock of canned foods. Enough to certainly keep us fed for a couple of months should the need arise. All that is required is a can opener and a fork or spoon or two. Bottled water is always on hand as well. For us it's just common sense.

The weather today is very good with sun and a light breeze. Around 10c. Soon be summer.
    Record player, CD spinner and speakers for listening.

I'm Grant.

still pretty cold but managed aldi and grabbed some milk. got a few supplies too. always put a smile on face when the till say its about half elsewhere
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Martin.

By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200P CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'The best I advice I ever received was to always remember that no-one else has any idea what they are doing either.'

I'm Grant.

alan rickman, right?
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    alan rickman, right?
    In 'Galaxy Quest'. Top film that.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast