+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Amazon delivery is rubbish nowadays

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    15 miles is nothing once you are used to it. When I did order picking I would cover 20 miles a day and after I finished for the day I'd go running up mountains.
    Must keep them fit and healthy as well. Better than being sat on their arses all day.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Must keep them fit and healthy as well. Better than being sat on their arses all day.
    Exactly. Order picking is boring, though. But I suppose so are a lot of jobs. I once worked at a food processing plant on the conveyor belt, where my job was to make sure that two bags of potatoes did not go over the scale at the same time. You had to stand up, there was no-one to talk to within audible range and there was a big clock on the wall opposite you. 8 hour shifts.

I was trained at school to withstand intense boredom (5 years of Latin, not to mention the 2 hour long end of term mass) but it was still very tough.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Exactly. Order picking is boring, though. But I suppose so are a lot of jobs. I once worked at a food processing plant on the conveyor belt, where my job was to make sure that two bags of potatoes did not go over the scale at the same time. You had to stand up, there was no-one to talk to within audible range and there was a big clock on the wall opposite you. 8 hour shifts.

I was trained at school to withstand intense boredom (5 years of Latin, not to mention the 2 hour long end of term mass) but it was still very tough.
    I did the boredom thing at school too, but never had a job quite as boring as your food processing one sounds. Perhaps the worst was when I doled out work permits for visiting musicians and other entertainers. The permits used to be rubber-stamped, but following fraudulent activity, they all had to signed by hand. By me. For a major orchestra, that could be over 100 signatures.

I'm Martin.

You could have just initialled them. Work smarter not harder....

In a lifetime of boring and/or tedious jobs, the potato one was the worst. Although I did have a job in a warehouse once where there was hardly anything to do but you couldn't just stand about smoking and talking, you had to look busy. That was really annoying, I quit after 2 weeks.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    never had a job quite as boring as your food processing one sounds
    Only ever had one tedious job, that was at a bakery when I was seventeen, carting 150 pound cloth bags of flour over to a huge hopper and tipping them in for hours on end. Surprising how much muscle I put on after a couple of months doing it, so it wasn't all bad. Bit like going to a gym and getting paid for it .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234