+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon delivery is rubbish nowadays

I'm malcolm.

Default Amazon delivery is rubbish nowadays

I've used Amazon for a number of years and its delivery has been ok, but now things seem to take ages to arrive. They offer free delivery for over 20 (I don't need/want Prime and their next day shipping isn't cheap) but it really comes at a cost, especially when it is for 'fulfilled by Amazon' items - I ordered something on 22 feb which was in stock, it was only dispatched today 28th!!! with a delivery date of 2 March and it will probably get delayed by the snow.

Rant over.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Grant.

was supposed to get a dpd delivery today by 2.15.. needless to say its not come. ive got prime and i think its a bargain, if you utilise its benefits
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Pavel.

I’m okay with their delivery times, but their packaging is rubbish. They used to pack things really well, now I mostly get thin one layer boxes without any air bags insides, often smashed in transit, and smaller items sometimes AWOL (presumably they fall out through the holes when the box get smashed)... To their credit, if you complain about damaged packaging and missing items, they issue refunds immediately, but why do I even have to deal with it?

I'm John.

I've bought hundreds of items through Amazon and only had one delivery gone awry. That was due to a breakdown by the delivery vehicle and I received two months extra Prime membership gratis because of the late delivery. No complaints here.
    Record player, CD spinner and speakers for listening.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    I’m okay with their delivery times, but their packaging is rubbish. They used to pack things really well, now I mostly get thin one layer boxes without any air bags insides, often smashed in transit, and smaller items sometimes AWOL (presumably they fall out through the holes when the box get smashed)... To their credit, if you complain about damaged packaging and missing items, they issue refunds immediately, but why do I even have to deal with it?
    lol. they once sent me a record without packaging. just its shrinkwrap and a delivery label... i kicked up a stink and for a while they double boxed my stuff after that
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Martin.

Prime is worth having if you use them regularly, which I do as I hate going to shops. I usually make back the subscription cost in 6 months, after that you're saving money every time. Plus you get the telly channels and the films too. No wonder they've never made a profit.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200P CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'This is the sort of music I'd be listening to if I was going shopping for a training bra.'

I'm malcolm.

Another thing I really hate about Amazon...

35 years ago we named our first baby girl Alexa, it was a really unusual name at the time...

maybe we should have called her Siri
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Rob.

Still....at least you can say to her "Alexa...put the kettle on please"
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

I'm Tim.

If you really hate Amazon that much, then don't use it . . . simples
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    If you really hate Amazon that much, then don't use it . . . simples
    You're right - just me getting impatient in my old age - and I do love them for Kindle.
    Audiophile Tosher

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast