+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Just bought an SL-1210MK2 on Gumtree - need some pointers?

I'm phil.

Already done that thanks, it's a step up from gunmetal/copper mat and my acromat which I still believe is a very good mat, also looks mustard, but as for sound early test are very good indeed,
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    I've just brought the analogue studio crystal glass mat but as I still have the original platter what would you suggest to put under it, as it sits on the outer rim. Thanks in advance
    I used this style of mat on my 1210 when everyone was saying glass is not good. How wrong they were it sounded great and doesn't need anything under it. It also looks pretty good on the Techie
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789