+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A WARNING RIP OFF Claymore by Bensley

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wonfor View Post
    Life it the same as all the other twats out there, no original thought.
    I know of two people who have original Claymore's in their original form. Both working perfectly. The copy above looks total shite my comparison. I would love one of those Mk2's like.

I'm Colin.

Bensley Claymore fixed plus a few mods but working well now.

I'm Brian.

Well done mate . I'm sure the owner didn't know that it was a rip off
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Colin.

Just to add to the story,

My wife Jenny and I was married just 2 weeks and were coming back from Honeymoon we had a great time in Lynmouth Devon. (it still hold a special place in my heart).
    On the way back she crashed the car on the M5 she was killed. Me I had burns and few broken bones.
    The few month after shitty event I was still in shock and to be honest I had no clue what the hell I was doing.And often drunk and I fell of a balcony into our garden in at Leigh On Sea, breaking me arm again.
    In that period I had designed lots of things according to my records.
    One was a new Claymore the artwork for the tracking was drawn by a sub contractor and I forgot all about it. It seems this contractor passed the PCB layout to Bensley, but the art work text was not changed.
    Near the reservoir capacitors in small writing on the silk screen it says " Design by C.J.Wonfor for Jenny" and the date is the date she died 20th May 1990.

So in a funny way these amps are special. Even if I never made them they are special because they memorialise Jenny.

Here is Jenny with Scot and Penny my kids just a few day before she died,

Last edited by Colin Wonfor; 16-03-2018 at 10:31.

I'm James.

My wife Jenny and I was married just 2 weeks and were coming back from Honeymoon we had a great time in Lynmouth Devon. (it still hold a special place in my heart).
    On the way back she crashed the car on the M5 she was killed. Me I had burns and few broken bones.
    The few month after shitty event I was still in shock and to be honest I had no clue what the hell I was doing.And often drunk and I fell of a balcony into our garden in at Leigh On Sea, breaking me arm again.
    One was a new Claymore the artwork for the tracking was drawn by a sub contractor and I forgot all about it. It seems this contractor passed the PCB layout to Bensley, but the art work text was not changed.
    Near the reservoir capacitors in small writing on the silk screen it says " Design by C.J.Wonfor for Jenny" and the date is the date she died 20th May 1990.

So in a funny way these amps are special. Even if I never made them they are special because they memorialise Jenny.
    That's a hell of a story Colin. No wonder these amps are special to you. Kudos to you for even being able to function after such a monumental blow, i'm certain I wouldn't have been any use to anyone for at least a year.
    Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck / Kuzma Stogi S / Benz Micro Ace S L
    Lenco L-75 / Carl Ellis Plinth / Ortofon AS-212 / Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST-7 SUT / Nick G Modded Lentek Head Amp / Croft RIAA

Cambridge Audio CXU / Theta DS Pro Prime

Classé Model 30 / Luxman M-383

Usher Compass X-719

May contain opinions that others find disturbing.

I'm Colin.

Yes but I am bonkers he he

I'm James.

Yes but I am bonkers he he
    Best way to be. I always thought sanity was overrated
    Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck / Kuzma Stogi S / Benz Micro Ace S L
    Lenco L-75 / Carl Ellis Plinth / Ortofon AS-212 / Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST-7 SUT / Nick G Modded Lentek Head Amp / Croft RIAA

Cambridge Audio CXU / Theta DS Pro Prime

Classé Model 30 / Luxman M-383

Usher Compass X-719

May contain opinions that others find disturbing.

I'm Alan.

OMG Colin that's such a tragic story

I dont know what I would do if that happend to me

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Steve.

F...k me! Speechless.

I'm Shane.

Stunning.

S.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast