+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Down on the farm . .

I'm Stephen.

Default Down on the farm . .

Well, nearly, if the Somerset Levels qualify (worry ye not, we ‘ve never been flooded. ).
    I guess I have been dabbling in hifi for 45 years or so, throgh several love / hate relationships with it.
    Over the past few years though things have settled down a little and i have found inner peace with a digital reproduction chain, right through to the ‘speakers and a variety of planars and electrostatics. Gert lush as they say round here !
    Hopes for the future ? A music room (I wish) and to get to try a pair of Roger Sanders electrostatic creations.
    Now off to update profile, upload some pics and flog a music server.
    Hope to see some of you soon if i can sort out a bit of a bake off.

I'm Martin.

Hi Stephen

Lovely part of the world to live I suppose apart from the all the god-damn hippies

Welcome to the forum.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Hi Stephen

Lovely part of the world to live I suppose apart from the all the god-damn hippies

Welcome to the forum.
    Dude, that’s just so not cool, man. You just need a good listening to and your chakras realigned by hugging a tree or two.
    ~Paul~

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    your chakras realigned by hugging a tree or two.
    Like most blokes when my chakras need realigning I just re-adjust my underwear and that usually sorts them out.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Liffy99 View Post
    Hope to see some of you soon if i can sort out a bit of a bake off.
    That would be excellent, Stephen - put me on the list!

I'm Dave.

Hi Stephen, put me on the list too please.. Lived on the levels for years. Never got flooded even though the cottage was built into a river bank. Two stories out front , one at the back. Loved it, you could be in the bath and feed swans out of the window, if looked out the opposite window, you would be looking down on an orchard.
    Glastonbury can be a fun place. My mate came to visit a few years ago and still speaks about it, the time when the young christians would coach in and march up the high street. They would throw salt at the witches arm in arm guarding the pagan shops . He ended up chatting to Nicolas Cage and his wife in the pound shop ( now a charity shop) just up from the whole food super market. The things i have seen on the high street, anywhere else would stop traffic, but normal for Glastonbury.
    What part of the levels? Local Godney to Westhay way? Ham wall direction? Burrowbridge?
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Stephen. Welcome to AOS.

If you're interested in a bake off, I reckon that could be a popular idea, there are quite a few members in your area.

Anyway, get stuck in and have a chat with everybody, there's plenty going on.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Rich.

Hi Stephen, welcome to the forum from the other end of the country.

Hope you get your bake off sorted, we've had a few in the North East and some firm friends have been made through these get-togethers so, aside from getting to hear all that lovely kit they're always worthwhile socially.

Which reminds me, I need to get my finger out and sort out NEBO 9.

All the best.

Rich
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Stephen.

A Westhay denizen - not much happens here but at least we still have a pub !
    Current kit :
    Music library (FLAC) on IMac or streamed via Qobuz. Fed wirelessly to Raspberry Pi / Allo Digione and into Lyngdorf digital amplification. This handles room correction and drives a pair of Quad 2905 electrostatics.

I'm Dave.

The Bird in Hand? Used to drive passed every day. Know the area well... Still pop up to sample some of Rogers cider at the farm in Mudgley.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast