+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: azimuth fiddlers beware!

I'm David.

I suffered from angst about azimuth and as I was using a Graham tonearm it was very easy to change, however the results of using a mirror and my ears and a test record were contradictory. Being somewhat OCD by nature I ended up getting the Dr Feickert Adjust + software which, while providing hours of "fun" very reminiscent of the engineering labs at university, did sort out the problem once and for all - the stylus on the cartridge I was using was mounted about 1º off from square. I now use it whenever I mount up a cartridge with anything other than a spherical tip.

David Whistance

PS - Should say I also have a Tenuto which I like very much on my Garrard 401 - speed stability, which wasn't bad before has improved and I no longer need to use any damping rings.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    It has a surface blemish. But it is the old profile too which guy changed slightly in the new, heavier one.
    ok,pm me with a price please mate.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Contact has been made. Await a call.

I'm jamie.

cheers oli,ive spoke to him,i forgot to ask him the size,my platter has a lip around the edge
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    cheers oli,ive spoke to him,i forgot to ask him the size,my platter has a lip around the edge
    Lol, call him.

I'm Robert.

check everything, properly and that your doing everything properly, otherwise set up will be flawed as well as the evaluation of anything you're trying to evaluate
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm jamie.

well it would appear that my patter mat and the tenuto share the same 1mm drop from outside edge to inner,the difference is its better and more accurately machined than my rubber pioneer mat lol
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    well it would appear that my patter mat and the tenuto share the same 1mm drop from outside edge to inner,the difference is its better and more accurately machined than my rubber pioneer mat lol
    Lol,

With the record on the Tenuto, there is no light visible between the straight edge and vinyl when I placed it on. The record was flat which means azimuth should be correct across the entire surface.

In theory of course

I'm Slav.

Quote Originally Posted by dwhistance View Post
    I suffered from angst about azimuth and as I was using a Graham tonearm it was very easy to change, however the results of using a mirror and my ears and a test record were contradictory. Being somewhat OCD by nature I ended up getting the Dr Feickert Adjust + software which, while providing hours of "fun" very reminiscent of the engineering labs at university, did sort out the problem once and for all - the stylus on the cartridge I was using was mounted about 1º off from square. I now use it whenever I mount up a cartridge with anything other than a spherical tip.

David Whistance

PS - Should say I also have a Tenuto which I like very much on my Garrard 401 - speed stability, which wasn't bad before has improved and I no longer need to use any damping rings.
    +1
    one of the essentials when it comes to vinyl replay , good protractor , RCM , oscilloscope or Adjust+ , good USB camera , something like Daqarta software , proper stylus cleaning tool (AT or Sonic Flux ) , I'd find really hard to live without.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12