+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which Interconnects do you use? (involves a caveat)

I'm Josie.

Does anyone use the Van Damme Low Cap cables? - They look interesting.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

I can't fault MG cables... and if I can't find anything to suit I'll be getting some more... Agreed, MG cables are very fine indeed.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

I use a Mark Grant GHD1000 and also highly recommend The Classique sounds Leicester Translucent silver interconnect which I've used for nearly 20 years now, cost £65, currently around £90 or £120 with better plugs.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Russell.

Long ago I read something on Harmonic Technologies. Their research seems to be based in reality and they showed figures of decreases in inductance, capacitance. Etc. tiny numbers, but at least they were showing their work.

So by coincidence I ran across a pair online used, about 25% of the new price! So I got a pair of Harmonic Technologies Truthlinks for under $100. They really seemed to work well with my gear and I bought a few more, moved up to their Precision Link cable, again I paid $135 for those, $650 cables when new. So my whole rig is wired up with this stuff, and they have some super nice locking RCA’s. They have a very open and airy top end, and effortless bottom end extension. Very easy to listen to.

Ive tried cables from Monster, and I had some nice Van Den Hul cables from long ago. I did audition some Kimber, and many of the well known brands. I’ve got some Klotz 5000 cables I made from recommendations from folks on this forum! They do sound damn better than they have a right to. I’m using one for my tuner.

Shopping for cables can be a long and time consuming task. If you are really wanting to find something that works very well with your gear, you’ve got to try as many as you can. In reality, this can be just a few, but, in the end you’ll find something you’re happy with. That’s me, I’m sure there are cables out there that are better than my Harmonic Tech’s, but I am very happy with them, and can live without wondering what I’m missing.

Russell

I'm Anthony.

I have several pairs of cables including the Morrow MA1, but keep going back to the Mark Grant G2000HDs. Something so realistic about them

Anthony
    Main System : Apple MacMini - Via USB - Mytek Stereo192 DAC/pre - Reference Fidelity ic's - Quad QSP Power - Talk3 speaker cable - PMC 23 Loudspeakers
    Secondary System : Apple Imac - Jriver MC - RME ADI-2 DAC - Klotz MC5000 ic's - Edifier R1280T active loudspeakers.

I'm James.

Josie, I strongly suggest you take a listen to Oilvers Spotfire cable.

I'm tony.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleTone View Post
    I have several pairs of cables including the Morrow MA1, but keep going back to the Mark Grant G2000HDs. Something so realistic about them

Anthony
    Same here...yet to hear anything better in my system.

I'm Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Same here...yet to hear anything better in my system.
    I’ve have to give Paul at Reference Fidelity Components an honourable mention - his Neptune 2 is very good too.
    Anthony

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Main System : Apple MacMini - Via USB - Mytek Stereo192 DAC/pre - Reference Fidelity ic's - Quad QSP Power - Talk3 speaker cable - PMC 23 Loudspeakers
    Secondary System : Apple Imac - Jriver MC - RME ADI-2 DAC - Klotz MC5000 ic's - Edifier R1280T active loudspeakers.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Since my system uses an unholy menagerie of connectors: RCA phono, balanced and unbalanced XLR, DIN, 1/4" GPO jack, Tuchel and CAMAC, I am obliged to make up my own interconnects.

For those I will use any sensible cable employed in broadcasting and recording studios, as well as in the aerospace industry. Thus the cables can be (in no particular order):

Klotz AC104
    Klotz AC110
    Van Damme XKE
    Belden 9907
    Huber and Shuner RG58C/U-01
    Huber and Suhner RG223
    Neumann microphone cable
    Chord balanced-pair microphone cable
    Proel balanced-pair microphone cable
    Mark Levinson
    Times Wire RG174
    Sommer 'Carbocable' balanced-pair
    Gotham GAC-1
    Gotham GAC-2
    Gotham 211 (EMT211)
    Chord 75Ohm cable
    BICC URM70
    Trompeter 75Ohm triaxial cable
    Huber and Suhner 50Ohm triaxial cable

and, no doubt, others that have not come to mind.
    Barry

I'm Alex.

I have balanced interconnects and after quite a bit of playing around with Klotz5000, The Missing Link Ultimate, Furutech balanced and even a flat Nordost, I have stayed with VanDamme XKE quad cables and Neutrik silver plated XLR`s.

It seems to be a nice "balanced sounding" competent cable. I use it as my reference or "control" cable. It seems to have the best of both worlds by using silver plated copper strands with high purity copper.

It does not favour bass or treble and being an avid diyer, it has no problem showing up my successes or mistakes.

It is also around £2.50 per M length.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast