+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 265

Thread: SPOTFIRE new interconnect review

  1. #241
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Forest of Dean, Glos

    Posts: 9,950
    I'm Jerry.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Had a bit of a listen last night.
    Hmm - well.
    Expectations exceeded.
    Bugger!

    It initiated a bout of frantic cable swapping amongst my collection to see if I could close the gap.

    It's a bit strange how cables you have moved on from sometimes still have the magic that initially entranced you when you go back to them after a while.
    --- Wireworld Oasis, now why did I move on from those? Very nice!
    But I have to admit that the focussed transparency of the Spotfire is a hard act to equal.
    It's the image focus that immediately got my attention, most cables are rather fuzzy and vague in comparison. That was a bit of a shock.

    I think the sound may be a bit stark for me, maybe a bit of tonal thinness that might or might not prove too much in the longer term. Or maybe that is just superior transparency? There is a lot more listening to do, over a much wider range of material, but these are simply way ahead of what I was expecting!
    To wrap up my listening thoughts ...

    They aren't harsh, just transparent. Not thin or stark sounding, either.
    The tonality sounds right. The bass is well defined and I don't hear any loss of bass power reported by some.

    It took me a while to get my head round what they actually do, compared to my excellent IXOS Ixotica cables (something like 300-400 a pair when new, I think).

    What they do is move you forward a few rows in the concert hall.
    The IXOS place me about 12-15 rows back from the front of the front stalls.
    The SPOTFIRE move me to about 3 or 4 rows from the front.

    So they are more immediate sounding, slightly increased detail, immediacy and transparency. Less of a cushion of air between me and the performers.
    Imaging-wise, the SPOTFIRE are a bit more focussed and with more clearly defined soundstage placement. Just what you'd expect from moving nearer the concert platform.

    The IXOS place me quite close to the music, the SPOTFIRE put me even closer.
    Where do I want to be?
    Well, tbh, I still really like the IXOS and I suspect the SPOTFIRE place me a little too close for comfort some of the time.
    On the other hand it would be nice to have the option of choosing!

    Either way, the SPOTFIRE are a really excellent, genuinely high end cable imo. Whether or not they tick your own specific boxes only you can decide!
    Jerry

    Qobuz Hifi / Spotify Premium streaming, SMSL M8 DAC + L-PSU, Herron VTSP-2 valve preamp, Trigon TRE 50 monoblocks, MBL 116F.

    Cables: Wireworld Starlight USB, Ixos Ixotica i/c, W&M speaker cables, Belden 19364 mains cables

  2. #242
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 5,379
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    To wrap up my listening thoughts ...

    They aren't harsh, just transparent. Not thin or stark sounding, either.
    The tonality sounds right. The bass is well defined and I don't hear any loss of bass power reported by some.

    It took me a while to get my head round what they actually do, compared to my excellent IXOS Ixotica cables (something like 300-400 a pair when new, I think).

    What they do is move you forward a few rows in the concert hall.
    The IXOS place me about 12-15 rows back from the front of the front stalls.
    The SPOTFIRE move me to about 3 or 4 rows from the front.

    So they are more immediate sounding, slightly increased detail, immediacy and transparency. Less of a cushion of air between me and the performers.
    Imaging-wise, the SPOTFIRE are a bit more focussed and with more clearly defined soundstage placement. Just what you'd expect from moving nearer the concert platform.

    The IXOS place me quite close to the music, the SPOTFIRE put me even closer.
    Where do I want to be?
    Well, tbh, I still really like the IXOS and I suspect the SPOTFIRE place me a little too close for comfort some of the time.
    On the other hand it would be nice to have the option of choosing!

    Either way, the SPOTFIRE are a really excellent, genuinely high end cable imo. Whether or not they tick your own specific boxes only you can decide!
    Jerry,

    Thanks for including the details of the cable you put the SPOTFIRE in against and thanks for taking the time to listen and critique the cables. I'm very pleased with the feedback you've given.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

  3. #243
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Forest of Dean, Glos

    Posts: 9,950
    I'm Jerry.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Jerry,

    Thanks for including the details of the cable you put the SPOTFIRE in against and thanks for taking the time to listen and critique the cables. I'm very pleased with the feedback you've given.
    For context, there was a FS thread back in January featuring the IXOS cables I have. Several folks expressed opinions, so that gives a bit of a framework for my views on the comparison with the SPOTFIRE cables.
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...xos-ixotica-1m
    Jerry

    Qobuz Hifi / Spotify Premium streaming, SMSL M8 DAC + L-PSU, Herron VTSP-2 valve preamp, Trigon TRE 50 monoblocks, MBL 116F.

    Cables: Wireworld Starlight USB, Ixos Ixotica i/c, W&M speaker cables, Belden 19364 mains cables

  4. #244
    Join Date: Sep 2010

    Location: West Midlands, UK

    Posts: 600
    I'm Lee.

    Default

    Cables are with now could Edwardlon PM me his postal details please as he is next on the list
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / Jelco 750D / EAR 834P modified / Denon DL 103. Vinyl rig 2 - Lenco GL75 c/w original arm and Shure M75ED MM cart / trichord Diablo with NCPSU. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Mac Mini / Lampizator Atlantic Plus tube rectified Dac / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Duelund WE16GA Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

  5. #245
    Join Date: Mar 2017

    Location: London N2

    Posts: 742
    I'm Edward.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Henley View Post
    Cables are with now could Edwardlon PM me his postal details please as he is next on the list
    Sent PM Lee.

    cheers
    Edward
    Source: Win10 server, Win10 Mini-ITX Renderer running JRiver & Tidal/Roon
    DAC / Preamp: Perreaux DP32, Secondary DAC:
    Chevron Paradox
    Amp: Radford Revival STA25, TubeHunter Class D IRS2092
    Speakers:, Tannoy Eatons, Kudos Cardea C2, BatPure Supertweeters (and others)
    Power Conditioner: ISOtek Qube 1k
    Currently resting: Radford Revival Prototype preamp, Paul Baldwin 405C amp, PMC LB1 Signature

  6. #246
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 5,379
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Henley View Post
    Cables are with now could Edwardlon PM me his postal details please as he is next on the list
    Good stuff.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

  7. #247
    Join Date: Sep 2010

    Location: West Midlands, UK

    Posts: 600
    I'm Lee.

    Default

    Just a little update with these cables, these cables are a really nice cable and anyone looking for a new interconnect should really give these a go. I've compared them to other cables that I have and in my system these seem to perform at their best in my digital setup. I have tried them against my Albedo Blue Silver cables and my original Western Electric tinned copper cables in the analogue setup, and although these dont do anything wrong at all I prefer the sound of my existing cables.

    As and when I am ready to purchase some new cables for my digital system then I would definitely consider these cables.

    All in all a really nice cable that gets out the way and lets the music flow

    A big thumbs up to Oliver

    Lee
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / Jelco 750D / EAR 834P modified / Denon DL 103. Vinyl rig 2 - Lenco GL75 c/w original arm and Shure M75ED MM cart / trichord Diablo with NCPSU. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Mac Mini / Lampizator Atlantic Plus tube rectified Dac / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Duelund WE16GA Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

  8. #248
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 5,379
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Henley View Post
    Just a little update with these cables, these cables are a really nice cable and anyone looking for a new interconnect should really give these a go. I've compared them to other cables that I have and in my system these seem to perform at their best in my digital setup. I have tried them against my Albedo Blue Silver cables and my original Western Electric tinned copper cables in the analogue setup, and although these dont do anything wrong at all I prefer the sound of my existing cables.

    As and when I am ready to purchase some new cables for my digital system then I would definitely consider these cables.

    All in all a really nice cable that gets out the way and lets the music flow

    A big thumbs up to Oliver

    Lee
    Thanks Lee, are these on the move again now?
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

  9. #249
    Join Date: Mar 2017

    Location: London N2

    Posts: 742
    I'm Edward.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Thanks Lee, are these on the move again now?
    Hi

    Lee kindly sent them to me. Arrived yesterday (thanks Lee).

    Will give them a good go over next couple of days and report back.

    Really looks professional!

    Ed

    Via Tapatalk
    Source: Win10 server, Win10 Mini-ITX Renderer running JRiver & Tidal/Roon
    DAC / Preamp: Perreaux DP32, Secondary DAC:
    Chevron Paradox
    Amp: Radford Revival STA25, TubeHunter Class D IRS2092
    Speakers:, Tannoy Eatons, Kudos Cardea C2, BatPure Supertweeters (and others)
    Power Conditioner: ISOtek Qube 1k
    Currently resting: Radford Revival Prototype preamp, Paul Baldwin 405C amp, PMC LB1 Signature

  10. #250
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 5,379
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Hi Ed, you sound surprised

    Looking forward to the results

    Oliver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Hi

    Lee kindly sent them to me. Arrived yesterday (thanks Lee).

    Will give them a good go over next couple of days and report back.

    Really looks professional!

    Ed

    Via Tapatalk
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •