+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 265

Thread: SPOTFIRE new interconnect review

  1. #161
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 5,379
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parcelmonkey View Post
    Newbie here and was wondering if I ask nicely; may I be added to the list please?
    I've been using a Mark Grant G1000HD for ages and recently stumbled on a flat grey cable I had stashed in a box I was given years ago! This older cable blew the M Grant into the weeds. Would be very interested to see if my system can handle further improvements or not. Are the loaners 1M ones?
    Thanks...
    Hi Ade,

    Get some posts under your belt while you're waiting for them

    You're on the list
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

  2. #162
    Join Date: Mar 2018

    Location: Dover, Kent

    Posts: 32
    I'm Ade.

    Default

    Will do & thanks...

  3. #163
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 5,379
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Assuming the cables are now with Shadow Moses, the list is as follows:

    Next - Smangus

    2nd - Jandl100

    3rd - Rexton

    4th - Lee Henley

    5th - Edwardlon

    6th - Shaman

    7th - The crow

    8th - Crackles

    9th - STD305M

    10th - Parcelmonkey
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

  4. #164
    Join Date: Mar 2016

    Location: West Bromwich

    Posts: 89
    I'm Neil.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Assuming the cables are now with Shadow Moses, the list is as follows:

    Next - Smangus

    2nd - Jandl100

    3rd - Rexton

    4th - Lee Henley

    5th - Edwardlon

    6th - Shaman

    7th - The crow

    8th - Crackles

    9th - STD305M

    10th - Parcelmonkey
    Not yet, just had a message from Gaz he's gonna post em out to me tomorrow, looking forward to a listen
    Rega RP8, Rega Ania MC Cart
    Moded Lenco GL75, Jelco 750D, Denon 103
    DIY Transcendent Sound Phono, Firebottle OTP II Phono
    The Truth Linestage
    Firebottle AIR
    DIY Matteis Aspen HDL with Jordan Eikona 2 drivers
    Usher Dancer Mini 2

  5. #165
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 5,379
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Moses View Post
    Not yet, just had a message from Gaz he's gonna post em out to me tomorrow, looking forward to a listen
    Ok mate, thank for letting me know.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

  6. #166
    Join Date: Mar 2016

    Location: West Bromwich

    Posts: 89
    I'm Neil.

    Default

    Spotfire are here, will be plumbing in for a listen Monday as I'm away the weekend.
    Thanks to Gaz for posting and to Oliver for the loan
    Cheers lads
    Rega RP8, Rega Ania MC Cart
    Moded Lenco GL75, Jelco 750D, Denon 103
    DIY Transcendent Sound Phono, Firebottle OTP II Phono
    The Truth Linestage
    Firebottle AIR
    DIY Matteis Aspen HDL with Jordan Eikona 2 drivers
    Usher Dancer Mini 2

  7. #167
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 5,379
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Moses View Post
    Spotfire are here, will be plumbing in for a listen Monday as I'm away the weekend.
    Thanks to Gaz for posting and to Oliver for the loan
    Cheers lads
    Thanks for letting me know Neil! Was wondering if they'd made it to you yet. Let us know how you get on.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

  8. #168
    Join Date: Feb 2011

    Location: glasgow

    Posts: 2,194
    I'm tony.

    Default

    My son has been using the Spotfire between his SEG and Croft pre.

    He reckons they out perform the Mark Grant Eichman silver bullet cable he was using before.

    Increased detail retrieval/more solid soundstage and instrument placement.

    They worked really well with my solid state amps and the wee fella reckons they work really well with the Crofts.

    A wee visit planned at MikieBs next week so will take mine across with some other wires and see how they get on with his big tannoys and a proper valve set up.

  9. #169
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 5,379
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    My son has been using the Spotfire between his SEG and Croft pre.

    He reckons they out perform the Mark Grant Eichman silver bullet cable he was using before.

    Increased detail retrieval/more solid soundstage and instrument placement.

    They worked really well with my solid state amps and the wee fella reckons they work really well with the Crofts.

    A wee visit planned at MikieBs next week so will take mine across with some other wires and see how they get on with his big tannoys and a proper valve set up.
    Thanks for the feedback Tony. I know you rate your son's opinion so that's very pleasing to read.

    It'll be good to see how they go on your visit to Mikey's.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

  10. #170
    Join Date: Feb 2011

    Location: glasgow

    Posts: 2,194
    I'm tony.

    Default

    My son and his mate have ears like a fuckin bat-they pick up on tiny differences i just cant.

    He re positioned my speakers for me -i was a bit pissed off TBH that he got it spot on!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •