+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOTFIRE new interconnect review

I'm Andrew.

Friday was quite busy so should be posted on Monday.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Now snail-mailing it to Jerry. Good luck!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Now snail-mailing it to Jerry. Good luck!
    They have arrived.
    Will play with this evening.

Lee - you're next. Can you PM me your address, please.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    They have arrived.

Thanks for the Update, Jerry

I'm Lee.

They have arrived.

Just done it mate
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm gone.

Had a bit of a listen last night.
    Hmm - well.
    Expectations exceeded.
    Bugger!

It initiated a bout of frantic cable swapping amongst my collection to see if I could close the gap.

It's a bit strange how cables you have moved on from sometimes still have the magic that initially entranced you when you go back to them after a while.
    --- Wireworld Oasis, now why did I move on from those? Very nice!
    But I have to admit that the focussed transparency of the Spotfire is a hard act to equal.
    It's the image focus that immediately got my attention, most cables are rather fuzzy and vague in comparison. That was a bit of a shock.

I think the sound may be a bit stark for me, maybe a bit of tonal thinness that might or might not prove too much in the longer term. Or maybe that is just superior transparency? There is a lot more listening to do, over a much wider range of material, but these are simply way ahead of what I was expecting!

I'm Alan.

Rather good aren't they Jerry?

Bigman80 Guest

Had a bit of a listen last night.
    Hmm - well.
    Expectations exceeded.
    Bugger!

It initiated a bout of frantic cable swapping amongst my collection to see if I could close the gap.

It's a bit strange how cables you have moved on from sometimes still have the magic that initially entranced you when you go back to them after a while.
    --- Wireworld Oasis, now why did I move on from those? Very nice!
    But I have to admit that the focussed transparency of the Spotfire is a hard act to equal.
    It's the image focus that immediately got my attention, most cables are rather fuzzy and vague in comparison. That was a bit of a shock.

I think the sound may be a bit stark for me, maybe a bit of tonal thinness that might or might not prove too much in the longer term. Or maybe that is just superior transparency? There is a lot more listening to do, over a much wider range of material, but these are simply way ahead of what I was expecting!
    Looking forward to the rest of your write-up, Jerry.

I'm Lee.

Looking forward to having a session with these
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm gone.

Posted this afternoon, on their way to Lee.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast