+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOTFIRE new interconnect review

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Oli do you know what the capacitance is of the SPOTFIRE cables? I would like something around 300pF. but I would presume these are lower?
    Jimbo,

**160pf/m.**
    Last edited by Bigman80; 24-02-2018 at 08:11.

I'm James.

That may help me with my 2M black which may sound better via higher capacitance cable. My current RCA IC is about 100pf.

Bigman80 Guest

That may help me with my 2M black which may sound better via higher capacitance cable. My current RCA IC is about 100pf.
    Too high a capacitance will roll off the treble and clarity Jim. Long term planning for a Kontrapunkt might be beneficial now.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Too high a capacitance will roll off the treble and clarity Jim. Long term planning for a Kontrapunkt might be beneficial now.
    Yes your right mate. I get a tad too much treble and clarity with the 2M However around 100pF great with the KB and you have obviously had good results with yours.

Bigman80 Guest

Yes your right mate. I get a tad too much treble and clarity with the 2M However around 100pF great with the KB and you have obviously had good results with yours.
    Stay strong Jim, a Kb may be just around the corner

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Stay strong Jim, a Kb may be just around the corner

I'm Andy.

Props to Bigman for taking the time and making the effort to try lots of cables and different plugs until he feel he's struck gold. Good luck if you do decide to go fully commercial with these.

A forum enthusiast who has built his knowledge and tested his own findings by letting others try: What could be better than that? Surely that's what this hobby and forums are all about.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    Props to Bigman for taking the time and making the effort to try lots of cables and different plugs until he feel he's struck gold. Good luck if you do decide to go fully commercial with these.

A forum enthusiast who has built his knowledge and tested his own findings by letting others try: What could be better than that? Surely that's what this hobby and forums are all about.
    Thanks Andy, I appreciate your comments.

I'm tony.

I reckon that mixture of plug and cable will work really well.

I have a mark grant with eichman silver bullets and a few of Brians ms audio plugged cables-all really good.

Its a bit like making a meal-getting the right ingredients and then mixing them-every element makes a difference.

Good on you Oliver-hope a few members get a lift in their system from them.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    I reckon that mixture of plug and cable will work really well.

I have a mark grant with eichman silver bullets and a few of Brians ms audio plugged cables-all really good.

Its a bit like making a meal-getting the right ingredients and then mixing them-every element makes a difference.

Good on you Oliver-hope a few members get a lift in their system from them.
    Thanks Tony,. The Scottish Mafia are welcome to a listen when they get up to Mikey

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast