+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOTFIRE new interconnect review

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Cheers mate no sense in keeping other waiting

I'm Gary.

Ok, so had a few days with Olivers interconnect...
    As the demo pair had been round the doors a few times I reckoned they should be close to run in, so plumbed them in and let them play away in the background.

The critical listening bit can be informative, but for me what works best is letting the sound soak in over time...get used to it THEN plumb a comparison set in.
    Immediate impression and gut reaction is usually the right one for me, so this was my method of testing.

Few days of Radio Paradise 320K, 16/44 and 24/96 Flac, DSD and MQA from Tidal, of lots of different music, so a fair range of sound.

Know what, I liked these cables and think they sound particularly good for the money.

Impressions are of an open sounding cable with good soundstage and (particularly) a deep bass with good control.
    Made most music sound good to listen to, wnich is what you want!
    I’d pick these over the Klotz/MS Auido as a step up, having done the critical listening bit with these two, knowing this would be a comparison of interest here.

I’m pretty much sorted with interconnect cables nowadays, so not looking to change and prefer what I have, but if I was starting again or looking for that second step up on the interconnect ladder I’d recommend trying these in your system.

Well done Ollie, nice job mate.
    Whoever’s next on the list get in touch and I’ll pass them on.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 30-03-2018 at 07:08.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Ok, so had a few days with Olivers interconnect...
    As the demo pair had been round the doors a few times I reckoned they should be close to run in, so plumbed them in and let them play away in the background.

The critical listening bit can be informative, but for me what works best is letting the sound soak in over time...get used to it THEN plumb a comparison set in.
    Immediate impression and gut reaction is usually the right one for me, so this was my methid of testing.

Few days of Radio Paradise 320K, 16/44 and 24/96 Flac, DSD and MQA from Tidal, of lots of different music, so a fair range of sound.

Know what, I liked these cables and think they sound particularly good for the money.

Impressions are of an open sounding cable with good soundstage and (particularly) a deep bass with good control.
    Made most music sound good to listen to, wnich is what you want!
    I’d pick these over the Klotz/MS Auido as a step up, having done the critical listening bit with these two, knowing this would be a comparison of interest here.

I’m pretty much sorted with interconnect cables nowadays, so not looking to change and prefer what I have, but if I was starting again or looking for that second step up on the interconnect ladder I’d recommend trying these in your system.

Well done Ollie, nice job mate.
    Whoever’s next on the list get in touch and I’ll pass them on.
    Thanks Gaz, appreciate you taking the time for a listen and sharing your thoughts.

I'm Gary.

No bother Oliver, credit where credit's due.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Gary.

Who’s next on the loan list?
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

Bigman80 Guest

SHADOW MOSES! get in touch with Gazjam

Bigman80 Guest

New list

NEXT - Shadow Moses

2nd - Smangus

3rd - Jandl100

4th - Rexton

5th - Lee Henley

6th - Edwardlon

7th - Shaman

8th - The crow

9th - Crackles

10th - STD305M

11th - Parcelmonkey
    Last edited by Bigman80; 31-03-2018 at 21:26.

I'm Phil.

we had the spotfire here on tues with some nice monoblocks from firebottle and a nice velleman pre

P1060094 by , on Flickr
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Brian.

Gary was over at my place yesterday and I've now heard the Spotfire interconnects in three different systems , including my own . I must say that in all of these systems the Spotfire interconnects sounded excellent . What particularly struck me was the size and depth of the soundstage . Instruments hung in their own space , top end was very natural sounding , mids were smooth and textured , and voices in particular were beautifully portrayed . The bass was clean and deep and drove the music along very well indeed . Although the presentation of the Spotfires differed slightly in each of the three systems the basic traits described above was present in them all .
    I'm convinced that Oliver's Spotfire interconnects will perform to a very high standard in a wide variety of systems and must say that they sounded particularly good in my own system . They certainly do a lot of things right and are well worth an audition if you're in the market for a very nice , well built , set of interconnects .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Gary was over at my place yesterday and I've now heard the Spotfire interconnects in three different systems , including my own . I must say that in all of these systems the Spotfire interconnects sounded excellent . What particularly struck me was the size and depth of the soundstage . Instruments hung in their own space , top end was very natural sounding , mids were smooth and textured , and voices in particular were beautifully portrayed . The bass was clean and deep and drove the music along very well indeed . Although the presentation of the Spotfires differed slightly in each of the three systems the basic traits described above was present them all .
    I'm convinced that Oliver's Spotfire interconnects will perform to a very high standard in a wide variety of systems and must say that they sounded particularly good in my own system . They certainly do a lot of things right and are well worth an audition if you're in the market for a very nice , well built , set of interconnects .
    Thanks for that Brian. Your opinion is well qualified and I'm really pleased you found them to be enjoyable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast