+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOTFIRE new interconnect review

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    I can confirm these cables are bloody amazing.

Until I heard the Spotfires I've never been convinced that cables make that much difference ...at least not in this price range.

As soon as I plugged them in I couldn't believe the instant difference in soundstage and separation. On most albums I played they made a difference in separating out the instruments so nobody was 'stood in front of anyone else'. Often new details could be heard on tracks I've heard many times before.

On some music they also brighten things up a bit. So I tried them on some duller sounding records like the Black Uhuru Live album that I've had for about 30 years and sounds like it was recorded from outside the venue. The Spotfires didn't totally transform it but they gave it some life and made it sound more real than ever before.

The most impressive moment using them was when listening to the Ten Years After live album. The crowd noise before the encore actually sounded like a load of individual people clapping and shouting, not a mushed blur like you normally hear.

Suffice to say I can't recommend them highly enough. I've already ordered a pair from Oliver which the postie tried to deliver today.

Who is next on the list? Can you pm me your address and I'll get them sent to you, you lucky bugger.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Hi John,

I'm really pleased you liked them enough, to vote with your hard earned cash.

Thanks for the review and taking the time to give them a thorough listening to.

I'm John.

Well, I picked my new Spotfires up from the post office yesterday (Cheers Oliver).

Can I just ask the forum's thoughts on cable burn in?

When I have burnt new interconnects in before I have usually connected between source and amp, and left the source running for days (such as a CD player on repeat) but with the amp volume turned down.

I would prefer not to leave my valve amp on for days on end, so does it matter if the amp is turned off altogether? If it does need to be switched on I've got an old amp in the loft I could use if needed.

Any thoughts on this?

Bigman80 Guest

Well, I picked my new Spotfires up from the post office yesterday (Cheers Oliver).

Can I just ask the forum's thoughts on cable burn in?

When I have burnt new interconnects in before I have usually connected between source and amp, and left the source running for days (such as a CD player on repeat) but with the amp volume turned down.

I would prefer not to leave my valve amp on for days on end, so does it matter if the amp is turned off altogether? If it does need to be switched on I've got an old amp in the loft I could use if needed.

Any thoughts on this?

Just use them mate, you'll be up to the required hours in no time. Then you can say if you heard any difference as they were in use.

Bigman80 Guest

Duplicate

I'm John.

Ok cheers will do.

I'm John.

Pm sent to STD305M for his address.

Bigman80 Guest

Update

NEXT - STD305M

1st- doodoos

2nd - Simon_LDT

3rd - parcelmonkey

4th - docp

5th - JohnG

6th - Idlewithnodrive
    Last edited by Bigman80; 23-07-2018 at 08:08.

I'm Steve.

Pm sent to STD305M for his address.

Pm replied to !!!
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm Mike.

If you have no objections to a bit of a cable sceptic being involved (couldn't even tell you what my
    current cables are), I'd like to listen to these please.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    If you have no objections to a bit of a cable sceptic being involved (couldn't even tell you what my
    current cables are), I'd like to listen to these please.
    Ha, no problem at all.

If you don't hear any difference, it's better for the wallet.

Just let us know what you think. If you don't hear anything different, let us know!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast