+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2018

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Almost forgot, those Quad ESL-2912's . . . . OMG

Could have spent a few hours listening to them, just gorgeous in every way and all driven by a small 75W all-in-one amp/CD/DAC/streamer box serving up file based audio. Even I was surprised at how capable it sounded

Artera Solus
    I heard them too, on Friday, and thought their room was one of the best sounding. And, astonishingly (to me), source was a mobile phone, via bluetooth
    khozmo passive pre/nytech ca252/cxa252 amps, arc 101 speakers
    vinyl: --- lp12/kore/lingo4/ekos2/dv 10x5/gs accession
    digital: --- caiman SEG/allo digione, synology nas, rotel 965 cd

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Yes Paul, that Quad Solus All-In-One System was probably the most impressive new product I saw regarding sound for pound - £1,500 for one box seems astonishingly good value.

The acid test would be what does it sound like paired with other equipment? I suspect it would continue to impress, however, paired with those Quad ESL's you had a 10K system that sounded wonderful and punching way above it's cost. I think they could have a killer product there - I liked it a lot.

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/quad-so...-system-silver if anyone is curious to know more and can't believe the price - there were cables and equipment stands that cost more
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Paul.

The tannoy event finished yesterday. It was mainly for press and distributors. But anyone was welcome. The new autograph mini GR was released.

montesquieu Guest

Bummer wish I’d known that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Bummer wish I’d known that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Fynes and now that. Double whammy!

Nevermind.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Yes Paul, that Quad Solus All-In-One System was probably the most impressive new product I saw regarding sound for pound - £1,500 for one box seems astonishingly good value.

The acid test would be what does it sound like paired with other equipment? I suspect it would continue to impress, however, paired with those Quad ESL's you had a 10K system that sounded wonderful and punching way above it's cost. I think they could have a killer product there - I liked it a lot.

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/quad-so...-system-silver if anyone is curious to know more and can't believe the price - there were cables and equipment stands that cost more
    nice low impact system that.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

For my money a nice looking Unison Research S6 integrated in the Klipsch room. Sound wasn't what I was expecting from Klipsch speakers I have heard in the past. Very warm sound indeed when I was in there with rolled off top end etc.

This amp doesn't look anywhere near as substantial on their website but there's nothing to compare relative scale wise in their pictures. They should pay me for these.

Oddly enough the Lampizator site is using a video I shot at Munich. Pay me royalties (yes - I am joking).

I'm Justin.

Von Gaylord system covered earlier... camera mic seems to be emphasising sibilance in a manner than just wasn't heard in room.

Last edited by User211; 25-02-2018 at 18:30.

I'm Justin.

Mission acquitted themselves here as the Blades sounded OK. Popular room it was packed when this sub-par shot was taken. I'm not mad on Blades myself, but I do think the LS50 is good value.

What Hi-Fi's best loudspeakers of the show video actually includes the little Missions. Hm.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Mission acquitted themselves here as the Blades sounded OK.
    I thought Mission and Cyrus parted ways? Aren't Mission part of the IAG group now and Cyrus Audio their own Ltd company?

I also liked those Klipsch Forte speakers and weren't what I was expecting either - rather good.
    Great pictures too, you should be on commission
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast