+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2018

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pure sound View Post
    We had the full 15 minute talk about the virtues of vdH's 'extender' which basically went along the lines of...

"…But, this system works also with animals and plants (trees). I am able to to ‘’measure’’ trees. On invitation of the Community of Milano (Italy) I have been there to advise why so many trees suffer from cancer.

It is practical all situations: Pollution is collected in the wood of this tree. Sounds logical but it is not proven. I can show even which chemicals do create this cancer.

I can also control the quality of food with the same system. Like the pollution by insecticides and/or other chemicals. Reason not to consume this food to avoid the same risk of collecting cancer…"

https://www.stereo.net.au/news/van-d...-of-musicality
    Sounds like he's gone a full David Icke ....

Saw these at Munich but no-one there seemed prepared to attempt to explain what they were.

I'm Guy.

All the best nonsense.

Tesla discovered this
    Russian scientists
    Talk to trees
    I’m a healer
    I can diagnose 700 ailments
    Intuition
    Medical professionals

it was a thing to behold. Jaws were on the floor.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I like AJ, precisely because he's always been 'out there' and not scared to be different (an innovative thinker who likes to push boundaries).... Well, in this instance you certainly can't say he's afraid of doing precisely that, and applying a goodly dose of, erm, 'lateral thinking'!

As they say, there's a fine line between genius and insanity.....

Here he is in a less 'left-field' mode: https://positive-feedback.com/interv...hul-interview/

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Justin.

I didn't realise the cat was out of the bag.

I had a one on one with him for about 10 minutes. I kept looking at one of the salesman who was overhearing, He had an absolutely deadly serious look on his face as we chatted. Was he concerned for the man's sanity, I thought, or believing what was coming out of his mouth?

He told me the Extender had components in it, but seemed to have some real fear that the Chinese were trying to copy it, and that I shouldn't have any ideas about doing the same. I also got much of the contents of Guy's link regurgitated to me. I found some appropriate exit words and left.

Mr Hul apparently has the ability to "read" the health and history of people merely by being with them.

Being with him for any length of time is probably beyond a couple of hundred micrograms of the finest lysergic acid you can lay your hands on. Or is it simply that Mr Hul has probably consumed more than a grams worth in one go, causing irreversible re-routing of his neural net?

I'm Geoff.

Very odd idea placing bowl like lamps (I assume that's what they are) in front of working speakers. They will produce a cup/cavity resonance and also act in a similar way to parabolic reflectors. In other words, the demo sound will be coloured.

I'm George.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Apparently Von Gaylord is a real person, if you believe their marketing blurb. You really have to think about the business acumen of some people
    True. He founded Legend Audio but the company changed to his name Von Gaylord Audio. I suspect his name is less of an issue in the US/China than it is here.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by George47 View Post
    I suspect his name is less of an issue in the US/China than it is here.
    Actually yes, that's a good point. Sounds like something from Monty Python, but that's very British and only for a certain generation too. Old gits like me!
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Shane.

Was the Neat Acoustics show room any good?

S.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Was the Neat Acoustics show room any good?

S.
    Can't comment, I had a hit list of about 20 locations to visit and appraise and did all those, overstaying in some. I went into all the rooms apart from KEF, (long lines) but for many stayed a very short time and can't recall them unless I saw/heard anything to pique my interest - sorry.

I just looked and they were in Room 116, the lower floors I found less interesting.
    EDIT: Just looked at their website and do now recall those small funny looking speakers, appeared novel and would appeal in modern rooms, but staying in there about 2 minutes, can't say I remember anything about how they sounded. Looked nice in white though.

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    I didn't realise the cat was out of the bag.

I had a one on one with him for about 10 minutes. I kept looking at one of the salesman who was overhearing, He had an absolutely deadly serious look on his face as we chatted. Was he concerned for the man's sanity, I thought, or believing what was coming out of his mouth?

He told me the Extender had components in it, but seemed to have some real fear that the Chinese were trying to copy it, and that I shouldn't have any ideas about doing the same. I also got much of the contents of Guy's link regurgitated to me. I found some appropriate exit words and left.

Mr Hul apparently has the ability to "read" the health and history of people merely by being with them.

Being with him for any length of time is probably beyond a couple of hundred micrograms of the finest lysergic acid you can lay your hands on. Or is it simply that Mr Hul has probably consumed more than a grams worth in one go, causing irreversible re-routing of his neural net?
    So, apart from that, did his system sound any good?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast