+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2018

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post
    They must surely be taking the piss with that name ??

Commercial suicide, isn't it ??
    They've been around for a good long while, and do a crazy liquid cooled valve amp, so you can only conclude it isn't as bad a name as you might think It probably appeals to an obvious market sector.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    They've been around for a good long while, and do a crazy liquid cooled valve amp, so you can only conclude it isn't as bad a name as you might think It probably appeals to an obvious market sector.
    Yeah, like Pink Triangle before it.

The only person I ever knew who bought one of them was .. er .. also "one of them"

Sorry for the puerile gag but I couldn't resist !
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Phil.

great show . the ram speakers room pretty good with the little l3/5a falcon speakers causing quite a stir . their sudgen amps looked good . the new spendor a7 sounding very natural and the audionote e`s were just utterly fantastic . if only , if only they would turn the volume down in that room !!

well worth a visit
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    great show . the ram speakers room pretty good with the little l3/5a falcon speakers causing quite a stir . their sudgen amps looked good . the new spendor a7 sounding very natural and the audionote e`s were just utterly fantastic . if only , if only they would turn the volume down in that room !!

well worth a visit
    Nah, it was about right when I was in there - pretty loud.

I think there's something good about this slate veneered blue coned AN E variant. It stiffens up the cabinet a bit I think.

This room was doing the Audio Note thing well this year. It presented tonality and sense of acoustic space in a way nothing else in the show got close to. But there's a price to pay with it, in that you become aware that it is coloured really quite quickly. And quite heavily so. If you don't give a damn about this, it is a real winner. If you do, it isn't. You just have to make a choice, I guess. Lots of people love it but ultimately I just couldn't live with it. What it does really well with is the sort of music I just don't really listen to.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Nah, it was about right when I was in there - pretty loud.

I think there's something good about this slate veneered blue coned AN E variant. It stiffens up the cabinet a bit I think.

This room was doing the Audio Note thing well this year. It presented tonality and sense of acoustic space in a way nothing else in the show got close to. But there's a price to pay with it, in that you become aware that it is coloured really quite quickly. And quite heavily so. If you don't give a damn about this, it is a real winner. If you do, it isn't. You just have to make a choice, I guess. Lots of people love it but ultimately I just couldn't live with it. What it does really well with is the sort of music I just don't really listen to.
    You pretty much nail it there. Audionote should use that in their brochures
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You pretty much nail it there. Audionote should use that in their brochures
    I'm betting your no salesman, Martin The truth in advertising blurb? Nope, no way.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Almost forgot, those Quad ESL-2912's . . . . OMG

Could have spent a few hours listening to them, just gorgeous in every way and all driven by a small 75W all-in-one amp/CD/DAC/streamer box serving up file based audio. Even I was surprised at how capable it sounded

Artera Solus
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Almost forgot, those Quad ESL-2912's . . . . OMG

Could have spent a few hours listening to them, just gorgeous in every way and all driven by a small 75W all-in-one amp/CD/DAC/streamer box serving up file based audio. Even I was surprised at how capable it sounded

Artera Solus
    I heard them too, on Friday, and thought their room was one of the best sounding. And, astonishingly (to me), source was a mobile phone, via bluetooth
    khozmo passive pre/nytech ca252/cxa252 amps, arc 101 speakers
    vinyl: --- lp12/kore/lingo4/ekos2/dv 10x5/gs accession
    digital: --- caiman SEG/allo digione, synology nas, rotel 965 cd

+ Reply to Thread