+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roon is roasting my nut!

I'm Mike.

Default Roon is roasting my nut!

Running Roon ROCK on an Intel NUC, but for some reason it keeps losing connection with the audio device, in this case my SoTM SMS200 streamer. Just installed the NUC yesterday.

Spotify Connect will run all day no issues but Roon loses the audio device every 90-200 seconds. It's really beginning to P me off as I want to like Roon and Tidal but having used a Pi setup for over 2 years with virtually no issues, I'm thinking of giving up on Roon once this trial ends and just go back to Spotify full time again.

I've tried radio stations, Tidal streaming and my own files, same result, No Audio Devices Found - see attached screenshot.

I've reinstalled ROCK twice, I've reinstalled the SoTM firmware too, all with no improvement.

I've tried static IP address on both devices, I've tried non static on both devices, I've tried two different Ethernet cables, I've tried via Powerline adapter, I've tried direct connection to router, again the same result No Audio Devices Found.

Then after perhaps 40-60 seconds it finds the audio device ( the SoTM ) and playback can begin again.

As you can see from the screenshot my daughter's Sonos speaker shows up no problem so I'm thinking it might be the SoTM that's the issue?

It's doing my nut in lol

Any ideas?

I'm Mike.

It's disconnected 5 or 6 times since I posted

I'm James.

Wait till it starts to mess around with your music library and do all sorts of weird stuff, it will drive you bonkers.
    My mate could not wait to rip it out and use something else!

I'm Mike.

Yip this will be the 4th or 5th time I've had a trial of Roon, but it's the first time I've invested in the hardware for it, I'm about 5 minutes away from putting the NUC back up for sale and stick with Spotify Connect to the SoTM as that works flawlessly.

The bloody Pi setup I did myself with MoOde and Volumio worked perfectly for 2 years with hardly a glitch, the SoTM was fine until I tried Roon on it grrrrrr

Put it this way, there's no way Roon is going to be paid for at trials end unless it becomes Rock ( pardon the pun ) solid within the next couple of days

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Yip this will be the 4th or 5th time I've had a trial of Roon, but it's the first time I've invested in the hardware for it, I'm about 5 minutes away from putting the NUC back up for sale and stick with Spotify Connect to the SoTM as that works flawlessly.

The bloody Pi setup I did myself with MoOde and Volumio worked perfectly for 2 years with hardly a glitch, the SoTM was fine until I tried Roon on it grrrrrr

Put it this way, there's no way Roon is going to be paid for at trials end unless it becomes Rock ( pardon the pun ) solid within the next couple of days
    I know how you feel Mike, I went through all this with a mate and he got just a bit angry with it! I think some of the software upgrades really drove him bonkers!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I know how you feel Mike, I went through all this with a mate and he got just a bit angry with it! I think some of the software upgrades really drove him bonkers!
    Lol, it might just be the rant that's helped although I'm not wanting to tempt fate but I think I've solved it, the next few minutes will confirm it

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I've a couple of suggestions, but if it's sorted jobs a good un'
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Mike.

Funnily enough it is, took me 30 seconds to fix once I saw the problem. Had me raging at it since last yesterday lol.

All good now though

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Intrigued to know what the issue was?

And glad it's fixed.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Intrigued to know what the issue was?

And glad it's fixed.
    Lol I wondered when someone would ask.

The answer was IP addresses, for some odd reason the IP address of my SoTM changed by one digit when I had to reinstall the firmware, no idea why it had to be redone but anyway the IP address went from 127 at the end to 128. I never thought much of that until Roon started to play up and lose the SoTM connection every 1-3 minutes.

I only noticed the issue when I ran an app called Fing on my phone too check what devices were connected to my router, it was then that I noticed that my Amazon Fire TV box IP address also ended in 128?

So I then logged onto the SoTM setup page and gave it a static address ending in 123, and hey presto problem solved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast