+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bit of help/suggestions

Bigman80 Guest

Default Bit of help/suggestions

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to go from having a Circuit Diagram to actually getting a PCB made?

I'm totally out of my depth here so any advice is welcome.

Thanks

I'm Geoff.

If you know the circuit and can lay it out on a board you could make your own.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRO-PCB-P...kAAOSwCM5XPtB2

I'm Paul.

You could have a look at PCB Wizard 3 from Maplin. This does have a auto layout feature That will get you most of the way there. You would then have to send the artwork file to a PCB service for a quote.
    ~Paul~

Bigman80 Guest

I need some help with the Layout Geoff. A program like the one mentioned would be ideal BUT I'd prefer free. LOL

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    You could have a look at PCB Wizard 3 from Maplin. This does have a auto layout feature That will get you most of the way there. You would then have to send the artwork file to a PCB service for a quote.
    Thanks for this.

I'm Svend.

Oliver, I have a friend who's an electrical engineer and does his own design work at home. If you still need help I can ask him what he uses.

RothwellAudio Guest

Can I ask why you want a PCB? In my opinion, this isn't a trivial undertaking. It takes me ages to lay out a PCB to my satisfaction and then I have at least 100 made, which isn't particularly cheap. I've heard of places that will make 1 offs, but I've never used them. Besides, you still have to generate the artwork (the PCB layout) before they can do anything.
    At the other end of the spectrum it is possible to very simple circuit boards by simply drawing the tracks onto a copper clad board with an etch resist pen and then etching it in ferric chloride solution. Then you have to drill all the holes neatly and accurately. And you have some nasty chemicals to dispose of.
    Can I ask what you're planning to make?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Oliver, I have a friend who's an electrical engineer and does his own design work at home. If you still need help I can ask him what he uses.
    Thanks Svend

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    If you still need help I can ask him what he uses.
    Knowing what he uses is one thing. Being able to use it is something else.

I'm Edward.

If the proposed project is relatively simple what about just point-to-point wiring?

I'm thinking of building some crossovers and am hoping to get away with just point-to-point wiring. I imagine designing and getting printed a circuit board would not be cost effective for simple circuits - especially if one does not intend to produce many items.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast