+ Reply to Thread

Thread: quad athera pre cd and amp

I'm peter.

Default quad athera pre cd and amp

Hi all has any one got this combo, i am thinking of Px the mf M6500 towards this , but not too sure if i should hold back i dont need the all the power of the MF M6500 , so i thought i would down grade , to the quad to go with the quad Z4 speakers , any kind thoughts on this ? Quad Artera Play and Stereo Power Amplifier
    cheers peter

I'm Dave.

The Quad Artera Stereo and Play are excellent and very good value, as these things go. The power-amp is a current dumper with more than enough power and load tolerant to drive just about any speaker you can think of.

I'm peter.

i suppose for the money it is fine , buy some people say it is Flat , not musical , and could do better it only got 3 stars what hifi and a couple of other reviews say the same, as i was considering replacing the MF M6 500 I , with the play, but was told that is a step backwards , i don’t need all the power of the MF , i understand that the MF will control the speakers more than the quad, but at a 1000wats a channel into 4ohms, the speakers my not survive a night with a bottle of wine LOL so I am stuck on what to do for the best

I'm Dave.

I am really not interested in what "some people say". I make up my own mind and to me, the Artera is excellent.

As to damaging speakers with the power - you are just as likely to damage speakers with a less powerful, less well designed amp, running out of power as you are by cranking up the volume on a powerful amp.

+ Reply to Thread