+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: vinyl condition ratings

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i think most vinyl enthusiasts will get it pretty much right mostly. there may be the odd difference in attitude re nmint to ex etc, often by perfectionists....
    I think that sums it up pretty well. these days it seems that an awful amount of sellers have never even seen or heard a record being played. The same can be said/seen in the descriptions
    of Grandad's hi-fi gear when they've dragged it out of the attic/garden shed when Grandma died.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Graham.

I very rarely buy used now except from forum members who are generally trustworthy,I used to buy from e-bay,but mostly from a seller who lived local to me and I could inspect them at his place.Since the demise of "Criminal Records" in Tunbridge Wells I haven't purchased anything used.Some of the crap that seems to be sold at some remaining dealers defies belief.
    I once pointed out to a dealer based in shop in Essex that a Tangerine Dream LP I was considering purchasing on inspection had a scratch right across the b side,he just shrugged and put it back in the rack,needless to say I walked out.
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm Paul.

Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Russell.

I resemble that guy!

Russell

I'm Mike.

What was that 70s or 80s work of art that involved an extremely scratched record? It was a dig at record collectors amongst other things.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234