+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tannoy Arden Mk1

I'm Geoff.

Which don't have the classic alnico pepperpot type driver and my money is on a sorted pair of the old ones sounding better.

Also, I think you'll find the Legacy model have ferrofluid in the tweeter voicecoil gaps, which I don't like.

I'm frank.

The ferrofluid in the Tulip waveguides is a simple matter to clean out and recharge every 10 years or so-lasts almost as long as a tanoplas surround but only costs £10 to refresh.

Those who've lived with the 15" 3833/36 drivers from the system 15 DMT tend to really appreciate what they can do and rarely part with them. Imo they are every bit as good as the old pepperpots and if anything are less coloured. YMMV of course.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by cooky View Post
    Those who've lived with the 15" 3833/36 drivers from the system 15 DMT tend to really appreciate what they can do and rarely part with them. Imo they are every bit as good as the old pepperpots and if anything are less coloured. YMMV of course.
    You may be right and I agree, the tulip waveguide models sound very good. But, I have yet to hear one that to me quite has that nth degree of mid transparency and incisive detail presentation and speed that I seem to discern in the sound of the pepperpot types.

I'm Bob.

Have to say I don't think £2500 is a silly price for a pair of Ardens if the condition is good, I love my Cheviots to bits, but would love to own a pair of Ardens, although I doubt I will ever live in a house that would allow me to let them rip, to be honest I can't do that with the Cheviots anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12