+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi-Fi Cock-ups. What's Your Biggest Disaster?

I'm sorted.

Binned one of these when I moved to my current house in 1999 and bought a 'midi system'

I'm Martin.

I think I can safely say I have never binned anything that was still in working order, let alone SME arms or classic jap amplifiers. You people are nuts.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I always wondered who it is throwing away perfectly serviceable gear. When my mate worked at the tip he would come home with mint equipment quite regularly.
    I tried selling them on the Exchange and Mart and to several dealers,but had zero interest.
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm sorted.

You people are nuts.
    Yep. Think I was under the cosh to move out of my flat, was easier binning stuff than moving it, also chucked a Commodore Amiga & 64 & all the games I had.

Luckily I hung on to my turntable.

I'm Anto.

I always wondered who it is throwing away perfectly serviceable gear. When my mate worked at the tip he would come home with mint equipment quite regularly.
    My neighbour was discussing hi fi ,and when I told him I had been looking for a deck , he told me he had took his Pioneer deck (he couldn't recall the model) and amp to the recycling centre 2 weeks before , so you dont suprise me .
    House clearances would dispose of lots of stuff ,in their time !! D
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by GJO View Post
    I tried selling them on the Exchange and Mart and to several dealers,but had zero interest.
    Even so, it is just 2 little tonearms. Could you not just put them in a drawer?

Sorry man, I'm not having a go, it's just that I could never bring myself to chuck stuff out like that. Possibly why it is currently impossible to get into my back bedroom. Maybe I need to be more ruthless?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Leant over my system one day with a woolly jumper on, just to reach something behind, pick up arm on my turntable linked into my jumper, and thus pulled the arm across the platter, in doing so' terminally bent the cantilever of the moving coil cartridge I had only recently fitted!
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GJO View Post
    Also back in 1986 we moved from a flat to where we lived now,so ditched a load of stuff I hadn't used for years,so 2 SME 3009's were skipped.

I'm confident that anything I've binned that was rubbish then is still rubbish now (thankfully)!

I'm Geoff.

I think I can safely say I have never binned anything that was still in working order, let alone SME arms or classic jap amplifiers. You people are nuts.
    Yup. The only things I can remember binning was some Leak speaker drivers. Probably deserve a medal for that. Saved some other poor sod from enduring their crap sound.

I'm Martin.

I did bin some Amstrad speakers once. They were working but obviously they were shit and the cabs had been gnawed by mice and had holes in the corners (blocked up with blutak while in use).

That was doing the world a favour though so no regrets there.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast