+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Frontend upgrade path

I'm Artur.

I also found something like that, but I do not know if it will be good enough

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by amati74(Artur) View Post
    I also found something like that, but I do not know if it will be good enough
    In my experience, anything is better than nothing. You really wanna try dampening the plinth and the chassis on your TT. Just do it with whatever is at hand, then sit down and listen. If, after doing that, you don't find your jaw on the floor, simply remove the damping sheets and you'll be back to 'normal'
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Artur.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    In my experience, anything is better than nothing. You really wanna try dampening the plinth and the chassis on your TT. Just do it with whatever is at hand, then sit down and listen. If, after doing that, you don't find your jaw on the floor, simply remove the damping sheets and you'll be back to 'normal'
    Ok

I'm Robert.

This is in reference the Jolida JD9 comment. While I enjoy reading comments on all forms of kit including Jolida, I feel an adjustment needs to be noted here - for reader benefit. Some may know my history of Joilda - I have modified many, sold them standard in the past, have copies of the circuits and even asked the Jolida owner direct due to such posts to check I'm not wrong in my view and understanding.

The Jolida JD9 output stage is active. The output stage is the exact same stage as found in the Jolida JD5T preamplifier which has no opamps / solid state gain stages. It only produces 10dB of gain - it is not a buffer stage. Dropping in 5751 or 5755 valves (with adaptors) will drop the gain a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    First off the Bellari has a fairly low level of gain so you might struggle for level. I've also read that the standard power supply is somewhat lacking.

Secondly the Jolida is not a tube phono stage, it is an IC based phono with a tube buffer on the end of it. However I have heard it and think it gives a very good sound and if anything has too much gain.
    You can try it with direct MC input as well, not using the SUT, so have a level of choice and sound presentation to experiment with.

I haven't heard a Clearaudio, if the salesman is so keen to push it can he offer a home trial? That is always best.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by Open Door; 20-04-2018 at 23:19. Reason: grammar and 1 small addition

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Open Door View Post
    This is in reference the Jolida JD9 comment. While I enjoy reading comments on all forms of kit including Jolida, I feel an adjustment needs to be noted here. Some may know my history of Joilda - I have modified many, sold them standard in the past, have copies of the circuits and even ask the Jolida owner direct due to such posts to check I'm not wrong in my view and understanding.

The Jolida JD9 output stage is active. The output stage is the exact same stage as found in the Jolida JD5T preamplifier which has no opamps / solid state gain stages. It only produces 10dB of gain - it is not a buffer stage. Dropping in 5751 or 5755 valves (with adaptors) will drop the gain a little.
    Regardless of anything. It's a damn fine phonostage. Had one for a while and whilst it does have high gain, it was no issue here. A really good bit of kit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910