Looks like a place full of interesting things (and people) I wanted to use just RobB as my forum name, but it was already taken, so being from Lancashire and somewhat tall and thin I hit on Lanky, a bit desperately. Not original but it'll do.
I stumbled on this community from a Google search trying to find a solution for an Allo Boss Player problem - more of this in the Digital Expressions forum. My equipment is all pretty old (so's my audio gear...sorry!) and when my Rotel RCD865 CD player recently got too skippy I decided to look into streaming as the future. I've experimented with EAC to rip a few of my 500+ mostly Classical CDs but there's a long way to go.
I did consider a Naim Unity Star, which would have given me a CD player and an amplifier update from the Musical Fidelity Preamp with two bi-amped Typhoons which are still going strong after 25 years, but being still unsure about streaming it was a big financial committment. Hence, for my sins, the Allo Boss. Big mistake, it seems at the moment.
I've still got stacks of old vinyl and a Roksan Xerxes with Rega arm and Corus Black.
Speakers are Wilmslow Audio Excellence in bespoke cabinets with high quality drive units. Eccentric, maybe, but I much prefer them to the PMC FB1+ that I also have, and those weren't bad speakers in their day. Some years ago I tried making experimental speakers using Harbeth HLIII innards, which was interesting but too much of a black art for me. There's also a BK Electronics XLS200 sub, more for the PMCs than the Wilmslows.
Oh, and the Rotel had a digital output added which I fed into an Audio Alchemy DDE v1.0, which I still have. Come to think of it, I still have an A&R A60 amplifier boxed up in the attic. It's an audio junkshop here! I'm sure there's a lot of potential to upgrade, but the next step is to get a grip on the music.