+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrading from Rega Dac

I'm gone.

I've owned the Rega, Jolida, M2Tech, Beresford SEG and heard a couple of Chord DACs.

My choice would be the Beresford SEG - quite exceptional imo.
    Last edited by jandl100; 20-02-2018 at 19:53.

I'm Shari.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I think I am going to take a bit of a punt and go with the M2tech Young that ReggieB is selling. I have been doing some research and its seems like a good DAC. Also M2tech are work with Pathos on their dacs, so there is some potential synergy there with my Pathos Logos amp.

I will let you know how it goes

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I think just like music taste, DAC's can be a very personal thing. I've owned a Musical Fidleity, M-DAC, Beresford, HRT Music Streamer and Rega. I've not tried an M2tech but have tried Chord. As Jerry says, very different animals, Chord are very good and probably the closest to what I would switch to, if I had to, a different sound but equally as fun and beautifully made. But I have really grown to love my Rega DAC and for now am content with it's sound, it just seems right for my taste and style. I don't like anything too bright or detailed and the Rega's natural sound just gets out of the way and lets me enjoy my music.

If you like the Rega sound (which I do), I would make sure you can try a replacement out for a few weeks, then go back to the Rega to double check before jumping ship totally.

I have the first Rega DAC, not the DAC-R.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Geoff.

I messed about with literally dozens of DACs until I settled on my Monarchy Audio items. They outclassed the three foregoing Theta DACs I'd had previously. Strictly 'old school' though, only RCA Phono digital or Toslink inputs. I have the M22B and M22C. They sound wonderful!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12