Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Love to hear that Oliver
    If you're down this way give me a shout. You can hear mine

I'm Brian.

Thanks for that mate
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

Bigman80 Guest

No worries. I'll make some time for you.

I'm Hugo.

I’ve had a Kontrapunkt B to hand for years and the latest example (NOS bought from Thakker) is currently sitting at the end of a Jelco TK-850S on a Technics SL-1200GR and sounding great. The KB is quite a classy thing and very easy to set up courtesy of its highly visible cantilever and straight body sides. It’s not as sweet nor as musical as a Miyajima but given what my NOS KB cost that’s entirely forgiveable. None of the reliable cartridge repairers will touch a Kontrapunkt and that’s a shame.

I'm Shaun.

Oh yeah, I remember having one of those Ortofons back around 1999 in an Alphason Sonata with an HR100S MCS tonearm. I remember it sounded really good and masked surface noise very well. At the time I was using a Hart Linsley Hood two box phono stage into a WAD KLP1 preamp and 300B PP power amp and the sound as a whole was one of the best I have ever had.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    You get all the detail from the 2M black but it's a much more balanced presentation. Very even handed. It's highly rated here.
    Spot on

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Great stuf James, you know I'm a big fan of Ortofon cartridges.

The Kontrapunkt B has always had a great reputation.

I heard one in my sytem a while back when Angus first brough my Sansui AU-919 down - I remember it sounded really good and very refined
    It is indeed a stellar performer and may persuade me to move from the 2M black. It reminds me a little of the Denon DL S1 but slightly more refined. The Kontrapunkt is so smooth and as someone else mentioned it is very quiet in the groove with very little surface noise,click or pops. It is nearly as quiet as my Denon 301 mk2 but much better at everything else.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    It is indeed a stellar performer and may persuade me to move from the 2M black. It reminds me a little of the Denon DL S1 but slightly more refined. The Kontrapunkt is so smooth and as someone else mentioned it is very quiet in the groove with very little surface noise,click or pops. It is nearly as quiet as my Denon 301 mk2 but much better at everything else.
    Personally, for the price you're likely to pay, it's a bit of a no brainer!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    I’ve had a Kontrapunkt B to hand for years and the latest example (NOS bought from Thakker) is currently sitting at the end of a Jelco TK-850S on a Technics SL-1200GR and sounding great. The KB is quite a classy thing and very easy to set up courtesy of its highly visible cantilever and straight body sides. It’s not as sweet nor as musical as a Miyajima but given what my NOS KB cost that’s entirely forgiveable. None of the reliable cartridge repairers will touch a Kontrapunkt and that’s a shame.
    Does Ortofon not refurbish old KB cartridges?

I'm James.

Getting through a few records today Oliver, it maybe a long night. There have been some sonic spectacular Nirvana moments already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast