+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kontrapunkt B

I'm Matt.

Thread resurrection..........
    Does anyone know for sure whether a Cadenza Black will fit on an Ekos?
    I know the Cadenza has recessed cart pins, but the head shell on an Ekos is kinda small.
    Anyone?

I'm Alan.

Don't know the answer for sure but the Ortofon carts mate up to the headshell with 3 raised sections so it needs a flat surface to sit on
    See the picture in the brochure

https://www.ortofon.com/media/14808/mc-cadenza.pdf

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Clive.

I used a Kontrapunkt B in my Linn LVIII arm for many years. I see absolutely no reason why a Cadenza Black wouldn’t do same as cartridge body is identical. I still use a Ortofon Cadenza Black but it now sits in a Origin Live arm.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Matt.

Thanks for the replies guys.
    I'm aware of the raised ribs on top of the Cadenza, which is to allow for azimuth adjustment apparently?
    Its been quite a while since I had a look at the underside of the Ekos head shell, but I'm pretty sure its flat.
    My main concern is the length of the cart, as the Ekos head shell is pretty short, along with cart-lead dressing.
    Any other comments gratefully received.

I'm James.

At last I have managed to get hold of a very nice clean low usage Kontrapunkt b after waiting a few months for one to come up. I was inspired after borrowing a KB earlier this year and now look forward to using one as my main cartridge replacing the mighty 2M black.

I only had the KB for a week but it convinced me that this was the MC cartridge that not only delivered the goods but also gelled with my system perfectly with great synergy. I feel the KB likes valve amplification which has been alluded to in many recent reviews. The search for an MC cartridge that truly sounded outstanding has been a long one as I have listened to many in my system and others and have often been left uninspired. Not so the Kontrapunkt b,this has all the qualities I was looking for and more so I am really chuffed to now actually own one.

Thanks to those who have helped me in this search. I look forward to listening to this beautiful cartridge and re discovering my record collection!

I'm Robert.

Fantastic Jimbo.
    The Kontrapunkt b is an excellent mc.
    It was the first mc i ever heard when Angus-Phonomac brought his over when he first delivered my Sansui AU-919.
    I was immediately struck by how refined it was.
    After that i moved to mc - all have been Ortofon
    Looking forward to your feedback once you've span a good few more albums
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

It's great isn't it.

Now if a Vienna comes up!...........,

Lol

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Fantastic Jimbo.
    The Kontrapunkt b is an excellent mc.
    It was the first mc i ever heard when Angus-Phonomac brought his over when he first delivered my Sansui AU-919.
    I was immediately struck by how refined it was.
    After that i moved to mc - all have been Ortofon
    Looking forward to your feedback once you've span a good few more albums
    I think we maybe Ortofon fans Rob!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    It's great isn't it.

Now if a Vienna comes up!...........,

Lol

Would love to hear a Vienna, maybe I will soon....

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I think we maybe Ortofon fans Rob!
    Whatever gave you that impression ?!!
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast