+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kontrapunkt B

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Rondo Red doesnt get bad reviews Oli, Was it new or used ?

I'd defo have a Winfeld after the Cadenza
    Was used but it was very different to the MM cart of been using. Also, the gear around it probably didn't do it justice.

I'm Matt.

Hmmm, beginning to think about a Cadenza (either blue or black) to replace my ageing Arkiv B in my Ekos/Orbe/AR PH5 set up. The Blue has a healthier output than the black, but I could just about stretch to a Black if it is really that much better.
    Then again, a Linn Krystal is an obvious choice for the Ekos as an ArkivB replacement.
    Anyone here have experience of an Arkiv vs Cadenza?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Manicatel View Post
    Hmmm, beginning to think about a Cadenza (either blue or black) to replace my ageing Arkiv B in my Ekos/Orbe/AR PH5 set up. The Blue has a healthier output than the black, but I could just about stretch to a Black if it is really that much better.
    Then again, a Linn Krystal is an obvious choice for the Ekos as an ArkivB replacement.
    Anyone here have experience of an Arkiv vs Cadenza?
    Robbie has a Caddy Black. Difference between them is mainly windings, cantilever and stylus. Never heard a Caddy black though. How much better it CAN be, well who knows

Ortofon have a limited amount of refurbished Kb in their Treasure Trove. Just Google "Ortofon Treasure Trove".

Bigman80 Guest

Just looked, it's gone. .

I'm Matt.

I didn’t know about their “treasure trove” site. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll certainly keep an eye on it.

I'm James.

If anyone is reading this post who has experience listening to the Cadenza Bronze could you let me know your thoughts as I believe this is nearest Ortofon cartridge to the Kontrapunkt B.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    If anyone is reading this post who has experience listening to the Cadenza Bronze could you let me know your thoughts as I believe this is nearest Ortofon cartridge to the Kontrapunkt B.
    Isn't the nearest one the Blue, Jimbo?

I'm Kevin.

I have not heard the Ortofon, but the offer of trying my modified 103 is still there if you want to try it.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Russell.

The Kontrapunkt b sounds extremely transparent to the point where my system simply disappeared. Even my speakers which made their presence known melted away. Its ability to shine a light into the deepest recesses of the recording was uncanny. Detail was fabulous but never in a HiFi way. The top end is perfection. Vocals are truly three dimensional and totally believable. One of the biggest surprises for me was how the KB played instruments. Tone and texture is there in abundance, full and layered. Trombones and trumpets on jazz material were so rounded and full. Dynamics are handled effortlessly and the whole presentation is very smooth with a very quiet black background and amazing low levels of vinyl groove noise or clicks and pops.
    Thank you James! I enjoy hearing from someone who has the vocabulary to put what they are hearing into words. It really is a talent. But I’m afraid you’ve got me wanting to spend large sums of Money! My ‘table and arm, along with my pre, are capable of sporting a much better cartridge than what I’m now using. (Sumiko BP special III). I ask myself, “This sounds so great! But could a better cartridge bring me greater happiness?”, it seems you have answered that question, now I’m wondering what am I missing out on? Apparently a lot! I’ve enjoyed your musings on the KB, you’ve really got me thinking, and counting my pennies.

Russell

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I have not heard the Ortofon, but the offer of trying my modified 103 is still there if you want to try it.
    Thanks Kevin but I think i may have a compliance issue with the 103 and my tonearm which has stopped me short of trying one. Many thanks for the offer that's very generous of you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast