+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Equipment Cones, Spikes, Feet and Pads.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by brucew268 View Post
    Gingko's explanation of ball configuration tends to support my theory about softer(isolation) vs harder(coupling) materials in the other thread in the Artist's Pallette.
    The good old squash balls have been used as isolation platforms for decades...and it does work for some components. You can tune to desired resonance by trying the different bounce rates available for them - red, orange, green, white, yellow and double yellow

I'm Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by maxrob200 View Post
    The good old squash balls have been used as isolation platforms for decades...and it does work for some components. You can tune to desired resonance by trying the different bounce rates available for them - red, orange, green, white, yellow and double yellow
    Yes, but I'm curious whether even the softest can get down below 20Hz. I notice with my inner tubes that if they have any more air than enough to be just suspended, it is up messing with the musical frequency bands.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Bruce

Theories are not so much answers as questions, to be supported or undermined by experience & testing.

Source: Calyx 24/192 DAC, tweaked laptop w/JRMC. Amplification: Pass DIY B1rev2 pre, Classe Audio 70. Loudspeakers: Proac Response 1sc. Cables/stands: spkr MIT MH-750 / HT Truthlink XLR, Vampire AI2, RFC Pluto, heavy sand-filled Target stands for speakers and Hi-Fi. Bass traps in corners, acoustic panels at first reflection points. Isolation: Roller bearings & cups, inner tubes. Mains: Balanced power transformer feeding hydra mains block.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234