+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Equipment Cones, Spikes, Feet and Pads.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopse View Post
    So why if we had a number of components using IKEA tables as their foundation and then move them to a Stillpoints rack that they sound much better?
    How much better? So much so that if they were behind a curtain and you couldn't see what they were stood on, you would be confident that you could pick out the stillpoint every time?

When I was still doing tweaks like that I always used that as my benchmark. I think it sounds better with the tweak, but would I be confident about spotting the improvement blind? If the answer was no, and there was no established explanation for there being an improvement, then I'd dismiss what I was hearing as a psychological effect.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dennis.

However minimal, even with S/S the materials inside are not homogenous, and differing densities will result in differing reactions to applied vibration, this producing differential movements.

God knows how many dB down it all is though.

I'm Deleted.

The Wave Kinetics stuff is interesting but it’s all conjecture and theory, there isn’t any attempt at actual scientific justification for any of the, many, claims made.
    Account Deleted

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    The Wave Kinetics stuff is interesting but it’s all conjecture and theory, there isn’t any attempt at actual scientific justification for any of the, many, claims made.
    You're being very kind I think. It's actually a shockingly blatant load of old cobblers from start to finish.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Russell.

One of the popular theories about tweaks, is that while one tweak may not make a noticeable improvement, they may add up to something noticeable all added together. While there seems to be some logic in this idea, I find it all very tedious.

Russell

I'm joe.

I do wonder whether the exhibitors of crap-sounding systems realise they sound crap, or if they actually like the sound, even if most visitors to the room listen for a few seconds before fleeing from the godawful racket. Their choice of music is also invariably dodgy, so you get crap music reproduced in a crap way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456