+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello folks

I'm Stefano.

Default Hello folks

This is Stefano from Legnano, Italy.
    I am using a pair of electrostatic Martin Logan, Monrio power amp, Krell preamp, Arcam CD7, Naim unity streamer with a Tidal subscription.
    I have recently added a miniDSP to play around the room acoustic correction.

That's all!

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Welcome to AoS Stephano. Nice system you have there, I bet it sounds great
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Hi Stefano, welcome to the forum.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Stefano. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what music you like and what future plans if any you may have for your system.

Feel free to get involved and chat with everybody.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Stefano.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hi Stefano. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what music you like and what future plans if any you may have for your system.

Feel free to get involved and chat with everybody.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am mostly listening vocals, folk, classical but not limited to it.
    The future plans are quite complicated. After having added the dsp to compensate room resonance, the system has become much sharper and better imaging, but it sounds to me a little anhemic on the lows. So I am thinking to add a sub woofer, currently bidding to a Dynaudio on eBay, or get rid of the dsp correction.. not sure if is a good idea.
    Cheers

I'm Martin.

I've not experimented with DSP myself but a lot of people reckon it is best when used only on the lower registers i.e the bass.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Stefano.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've not experimented with DSP myself but a lot of people reckon it is best when used only on the lower registers i.e the bass.
    I tend to agree. I am still doing some experiments but the filters applied to correct resonance definitively change the "color" of sound.
    When listening vocals like Norah Jones is absolutely fantastic, but when you have a richer song, take medieval rock has Haggard, then something is missing.
    Keep you friends posted on the changes

I'm Martin.

Yes please do. A lot of the regulars here are 'traditionalists' so we don't get to hear much about DSP.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread