+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonearm advice

I'm Allan.

Default Tonearm advice

Looking to upgrade my RB250, deck is an SRM Arezzo ultra. Love the look of origin live encounter maybe even illustrious or the cheaper audiomods micrometer.

Wondering if anyone has experience of different arms on an Arezzo.

TIA Allan.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by aball28 View Post
    Looking to upgrade my RB250, deck is an SRM Arezzo ultra. Love the look of origin live encounter maybe even illustrious or the cheaper audiomods micrometer.

Wondering if anyone has experience of different arms on an Arezzo.

TIA Allan.
    Sorry, I've never had or even heard an Arezzo. I've had a handful of OL arms and they were all fab. Some people don't seem to like them but I love the clarity and strength they offer.

I'm Mel.

Audiomods is great and can be made to your exact requirements at no extra cost.

I used to like origin live but they seem to have lost the plot and become too profit orientated.

At least that’s my view as you asked for

Mel

I'm Grant.

I had an Arezzo but had the standard arm on. One of our members had one with a fancy Aussie or N Zealand arm on. My memory is not what it was tonight alas.. pain getting in way lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andy.

It wasn't "The Wand" by any chance?

Edit: I meant the tonearm, nktnthensource pf your pain lol

I'm Grant.

That was it yes
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Allan.

Thanks for advice so far, will make a decision in a week or so. Hope you feel better soon Grant.

I'm Clive.

I’ve run the OL Encounter for a couple of years now. SQ is excellent and is a huge leap up from the RB250. Currently running the Hana SL in it but will soon be changing back to a Ortofon Cadenza Black. My only 2 niggles with it are the fixed headshell and the fact that there are no weight marking which makes setting tracking a bit of faff.
    I would like to upgrade to an arm that does include those 2 features but am worried that the SQ will be poorer unless I spend silly amounts of money.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm John.

I don't know or have experience of your deck, but am also currently running an Encounter 3C with a Hana SL and it's a superb arm. Having the RB250 have you considered sending it to OL for their rewire and structural upgrade, I think it works out at around £200 and really elevates the 250 into another league.

I'm Charlie.

Allan,

If you have enough in the budget to buy an Illustrious and you're patient, why don't you get a Schroeder Model 2 at £1695 (less than the new price for the Illustrious)? The Schroeders have a great reputation for sound quality and they are all hand built by Frank in Berlin. It has standard Rega tonearm geometry and so it should fit your TT without any significant modification.

https://www.coolgales.com/product/sc...del-2-tonearm/

It's a bit more fiddly to set up, but the thread and magnet bearing works really well with any cartridge (subject to mass considerations).

Charlie
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast