+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Allo Digione

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    It's coming alive nicely now. Think I had a bad day initially (could of been anything, stress, background noise, etc - happens sometimes). Currently listening to some Rush and Budgie and the bass is sounding clean and chunky.
    I would suggest you look at post no 6 on this thread. I think the adhesive dots improve performance by stopping the case vibrating as much. The Digione case looks quite good, but like many of these "Lego" cases, it is not very rigid.

Geoff

I'm Ian.

Delivered this afternoon. I’m now on my third album and first impressions are very positive. I’m currently running off the stock Pi power supply but it still offers a clean and open sound via my DAC.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by ijrussell View Post
    Delivered this afternoon. I’m now on my third album and first impressions are very positive. I’m currently running off the stock Pi power supply but it still offers a clean and open sound via my DAC.
    Yes it sounds good with a basic power supply, though I found a significant improvement with this: https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/hi-fi...a-p-11364.html

Geoff

I'm Bill.

I've just ordered a Digione Player from Allo and have a quick question.
    Am I best to use a USB stick with my music on plugged directly into the Pi or stream from a hard drive plugged into a PC?
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    I've just ordered a Digione Player from Allo and have a quick question.
    Am I best to use a USB stick with my music on plugged directly into the Pi or stream from a hard drive plugged into a PC?
    Either will work fine so long as you have a good connection between the RPi/Digione and your router (ideally, Ethernet). The only downside to a usb stick is the size limitation. I am currently transferring my flac files to an 8tb Western Digital network drive.

Geoff

I'm Barry.

I used a 1TB WD my passport usb hard drive with my RPi with no problems.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    I used a 1TB WD my passport usb hard drive with my RPi with no problems.
    I have used that same combination but stopped using it as I detected a reduction in sound quality, most noticeably in dynamics. I think it may be because the WD Passport takes its power from the RPi USB and it draws a much higher current than a solid state USB stick. If possible I would connect it via your router or your main PC.

Geoff

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I have used that same combination but stopped using it as I detected a reduction in sound quality, most noticeably in dynamics. I think it may be because the WD Passport takes its power from the RPi USB and it draws a much higher current than a solid state USB stick. If possible I would connect it via your router or your main PC.

Geoff
    Thanks for info Geoff, can't say i was unhappy with the sound quality. Now I have two pi's set up in different rooms I have gone back to using my Zyxel nas drive, handy just having one music source.

I'm Grant.

Interesting.. I moved to using a self powered WD my book and it improved my sound. was told it was better this way.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Interesting.. I moved to using a self powered WD my book and it improved my sound. was told it was better this way.
    I think it is simply a matter of excessive power drain on the pi board. A lot of these usb drives used to require 2 usb ports to work because of their power demands. Nothing wrong with the WD drives per se: just don't try to power them from the Pi.

Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast