+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Allo Digione

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by aBe View Post
    Thanks Geoff.
    Glad to know that the change to Digione won't be a sideways move.
    I might as well take the plunge with RPZero while I'm at it..
    Not familiar with zero model. You may have problems getting a case for that. Can recommend the Allo case with either RPi 2 or 3.

Geoff

I'm Bill.

I have my music library on a memory stick plugged into the Pi as I'm struggling to work out the file path for the external hard drive plugged into my PC.

Could a kind sole let me know how to input a file path into Volumio for the following-

PC/H:/Music

Cheers,

Bill.
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    I have my music library on a memory stick plugged into the Pi as I'm struggling to work out the file path for the external hard drive plugged into my PC.

Could a kind sole let me know how to input a file path into Volumio for the following-

Cheers,

Bill.
    Have you got any options in the GUI to create a USB mount?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Have you got any options in the GUI to create a USB mount?
    I've mounted a USB stick straight into the Pi, but want to try and connect to a hard drive I have plugged into my PC.
    It's the file path I'm stuck on.
    Last edited by Bourneendboy; 09-03-2018 at 16:39.
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Geoff.

Here's something for Digione owners. https://www.designacable.com/neutrik...deo-spdif.html

I bought this because the 1m rca to rca cable I was using was far too long, and the 50cm QED cable I had was too stiff to bend. This cable is very flexible and made with good quality cable and plugs. I bought the 50cm length, though in hindsight I should probably have got the 25cm length as my Digione is directly on top of my DAC. The company is based in Nottingham and it seems that they make up the cables in house so any length should be possible.

The locking BNC connector means a good secure bond and the rca plug is good too. Very good price considering the quality too.

Geoff

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Here's something for Digione owners. https://www.designacable.com/neutrik...deo-spdif.html

I bought this because the 1m rca to rca cable I was using was far too long, and the 50cm QED cable I had was too stiff to bend. This cable is very flexible and made with good quality cable and plugs. I bought the 50cm length, though in hindsight I should probably have got the 25cm length as my Digione is directly on top of my DAC. The company is based in Nottingham and it seems that they make up the cables in house so any length should be possible.

The locking BNC connector means a good secure bond and the rca plug is good too. Very good price considering the quality too.

Geoff
    Would this be better than using a normal RCA - RCA coax (I'm using a Mark Grant G1000HD with Canare plugs)? I'm a bit of a cable skeptic also...

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    Would this be better than using a normal RCA - RCA coax (I'm using a Mark Grant G1000HD with Canare plugs)? I'm a bit of a cable skeptic also...
    I can't say it is noticeably better than the high quality RCA-RCA coax that I was using though it is very good. I think that the BNC socket offers a better mechanical connection and I prefer to keep my cables to the required length and no longer. One aspect of the Digione that I am not impressed with is how the rca socket is mounted to the board. A bit flimsy so best avoided in my opinion.

Geoff
    Last edited by Sherwood; 09-03-2018 at 15:27.

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post

Cheers,

Bill.
    You are quite close Bill; you need the name of your pc to be first, then the hard drive which it looks you have set as h:, then follow the path down to the actual music folder.

If using Windows 10 you also need to make sure your settings allow your pc to be discoverable if not already done.

If you need help pm me and I'll help work out your path.

Mel

I'm Steve.

Default ALU case for DigiOne and Raspberry Pi

Does anyone know when the ALU, aluminium case for the DigiOne and RPi will be available to buy?
    Someone from Allo said in early February, on another forum that it should be available after the Chinese New Year .

I'm allo.

Hi,
    the cases for the RPI + Digione and RPI + BOSS are in production.
    i will update everyone as soon as we are getting the stock in.
    Highly anticipated !!
    cheers!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast