+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Allo Digione

I'm Bill.

Just watched a couple of 'how to' videos on YouTube explaining about the Spotify Plugin, all looking good. Can wait for it to arrive!
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Bill.

My Digione has arrived and I'm planning on setting it up this evening when I return from work.

Looking through the set up instructions on the Allo website for Volumio, I'm slightly confused with Step 4 - Playback Options. It says 'To play audio through the I2S dac connected, go to Playback Options in Volumio and make sure you enable I2S DAC, then select Digione from the drop down menu'.

The options selected in the example are -

Output device - Allo Digione
    I2S DAC - On
    DAC Model - Allo Digione

I'm going to be using the Digione with a Beresford SEG DAC, so assume I select 'off' at the I2S DAC option? (Does the Digione have its own DAC?)

Would be great to get this cleared up to hopefully enable an easy setup tonight

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    My Digione has arrived and I'm planning on setting it up this evening when I return from work.

Looking through the set up instructions on the Allo website for Volumio, I'm slightly confused with Step 4 - Playback Options. It says 'To play audio through the I2S dac connected, go to Playback Options in Volumio and make sure you enable I2S DAC, then select Digione from the drop down menu'.

The options selected in the example are -

Output device - Allo Digione
    I2S DAC - On
    DAC Model - Allo Digione

I'm going to be using the Digione with a Beresford SEG DAC, so assume I select 'off' at the I2S DAC option? (Does the Digione have its own DAC?)

Would be great to get this cleared up to hopefully enable an easy setup tonight
    Settings are correct. No, the Digione requires an external DAC to convert the digital stream to analogue.

I would start by using the SEG volume control. If you want to use the Volumio software volume control then make sure you set a startup volume (say 25) and a maximum level (say 50) if you are using directly into a power amp. You can change the settings once you have established the sensitivity of your amp/speaker combo.

Geoff

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Settings are correct. No, the Digione requires an external DAC to convert the digital stream to analogue.

I would start by using the SEG volume control. If you want to use the Volumio software volume control then make sure you set a startup volume (say 25) and a maximum level (say 50) if you are using directly into a power amp. You can change the settings once you have established the sensitivity of your amp/speaker combo.

Geoff
    Thanks Geoff, I appreciate your help!

I use the SEG as a headphone amp, so will use its volume control.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    Thanks Geoff, I appreciate your help!

I use the SEG as a headphone amp, so will use its volume control.
    In that case do not activate the software volume control options.

Geoff

I'm Alastair.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I think it is simply a matter of excessive power drain on the pi board. A lot of these usb drives used to require 2 usb ports to work because of their power demands. Nothing wrong with the WD drives per se: just don't try to power them from the Pi.

Geoff
    I have a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD connected to my RPI/Digione. After reading this I looked to see how much power SSDs draw - when idle it seems very little but when reading/writing one like mine can draw up to 5W, so I thought I'd try a y-cable and power it from a battery. It just arrived today. To be honest at a first listen I cannot tell any difference but I'll persevere.

Before that (over the weekend) I converted most of my FLAC library to WAV. I first tried using LMS running on my NAS. There was a significant improvement from FLAC to WAV. This was very welcome but surprising - they are both lossless and there is a heavier load over my wifi network. I thought I'd then try moving the WAV files to my SSD and run LMS on the RPi (which was my previous set-up, but with FLAC files). This has brought a whole new level of clarity & presence. Given that they are both lossless formats I don't really understand why this is so, except there is perhaps lower processing load on the RPi. I had tried a few experiments before with my RPi/Digi+ but perhaps the Digione is now revealing what I have been missing.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Bill.

Got home from work very late last night and only ended up with 30mins with the Digione.

As yet, I can't connect to it and hoping it's a simple fix!

I have connected the PI/Digione to my router using an Ethernet cable, connected the SEG and power.
    When I look at my router interface on my PC I can see Volumio with an IP address.
    When I put the IP address in the web browser I get the 'unable to connect' message, this is the same if I put in volumio.local

Any ideas fellas!

I'm allo.

hi Alp,
    Sorry to see that you have some issues, we will try to assist you.

please try the following

ping test from PC to ensure the IP is ok
    (windows + r open cmd mode , ping ip adress)
    if it is pinging properly check with clearing the browser cache.
    or check with another browser

regards,
    Andre

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiohdwr View Post
    hi Alp,

please try the following

regards,
    Andre
    Hello Andre,

I assume your response was aimed at my post above?

Will try this when I get home from work this evening.

Thanks,

Bill

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiohdwr View Post
    hi Alp,

please try the following

regards,
    Andre
    I have tried a ping test and all looks good and also deleted all History.

Unfortunately, I still can't load the Volumio interface and get the 'unable to connect' message. This is using Firefox and Chrome.
    I have restarted the router and turned the PI off and then on again.

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast