+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Another MOT Pass

I'm Geoff.

I personally prefer the Alto to the Celerio. Can't say it's any bother on the motorway. In fact it's the best sub 1000cc car I've used for long runs, it's a pretty quiet little motor, not noticeably noisier at a steady 70 mph than at 30mph and it will cruise at higher speeds. Take a second hand one for a test drive, I reckon you'd be surprised.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I personally prefer the Alto to the Celerio. Can't say it's any bother on the motorway. In fact it's the best sub 1000cc car I've used for long runs, it's a pretty quiet little motor, not noticeably noisier at a steady 70 mph than at 30mph and it will cruise at higher speeds. Take a second hand one for a test drive, I reckon you'd be surprised.
    I may do that Geoff...

How much is an annual service approximately ?
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

You'd need to ask. As I bought mine new, I still have the service plan going, which costs me about £12 monthly and covers all maintenance.

It should be cheap enough. There's not much to check on them. No timing belt to worry about either, it's chain and should last the life of the car.

I put two new tyres on mine last year as the sidewalls were cracking a bit. Only cost me £60. A tank of juice is just over £30 too and lasts me about a month.

The Celerio is just a slightly blinged up Alto really, but costs quite a bit more. If you do try an Alto, you'll probably find it quicker than you were expecting, handling is decent too. The little three cylinder engine sounds like a quieter Porsche 911 when you rev it, I quite like that. Not that you really need to rev it, the engine is remarkably flexible.

The only three cylinder I tried was a courtesy car, a Toyota Aygo, and that was impressive on the motorway, very refined to be honest

At £12 a month for service that makes £144 which doesn't sound too bad. I just had the Prius annual service for £120 which I guess was pretty good

The Prius is also chain driven and it has no starter motor or alternator as such as the electric motor/traction battery/inverter takes care of that
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

The annual service cost includes the MOT.

That's very good Geoff
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

I toy with the idea of a change occasionally, then after pondering I realise there's not much point, 'cos it does everything I need.

I toy with the idea of a change occasionally, then after pondering I realise there's not much point, 'cos it does everything I need.
    I know exactly what you mean Geoff as I've been thinking about changing the Prius but to be honest it has been so cheap and 100% reliable/faultless to run. It's also massive in the back, big enough to take a bike with room to spare and big enough to pick up some Maggies when I decide to purchase....

It's been as cheap to run as a small car, just bigger and probably more comfortable..
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

Well, If I buy Maggies, they can go on the roof rack (which I've never used yet ).

Well, If I buy Maggies, they can go on the roof rack (which I've never used yet ).
    A bit breezy though Geoff...
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast