+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Car Insurance with uninsured driver cover

I'm Rob.

Default Car Insurance with uninsured driver cover

I have seen one, maybe more TV adverts boasting that as standard their cover includes Uninsured Driver Cover. The Motor Insurers Bureau is there for such eventuality and I believe that all insurers have to pay a sum each year to the MIB

"Why become a member of the MIB?
    If your company wishes to start underwriting compulsory motor insurance in the United Kingdom, your company is obliged by virtue of the Road Traffic Act 1988, to be a member of MIB and to contribute to its funding.

I suspect that the premiums may be massaged to include a sum to lessen the burden on the company providing cover?
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Phil.

we just renewed and they had 3 levels of cover , the first one did not cover uninsured drivers , as the person concerned works in the highest area in britain for uninsured drivers we thought it wise

i have been liasing with the west midlands police commisioner on uninsured cars recently as you can get away with parking an uninsured car on a public road for months as long as it is taxed etc. the police can`t do much sadly unless its been caught in the act of driving
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Rob.

If insurers are only now offering extra cover against uninsured drivers, then what happened in the past? Well.....my understanding is that the MIB were the go to people for recompense. What I am getting at is that these companies suggest that they are offering something new that will cover you, as in the past there was no recompense.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Mike.

Why would you insure a parked unused car?

Let's hope they don't go down this route and expect people to insure an unused vehicle. I have one sitting outside my house right now, the only way it would be involved in an accident would be because some asshole ran into it and that would be a claim against their insurance

But suggest it enough and it will become another stupid law rushed through parliament to line the pockets of the corporate greedies.

Insuring against uninsured drivers I can understand, however that should be included anyway and not an 'extra'

I'm Grant.

It could get vandalised or stolen. The car could conceivably run down hill or explode and you the owner would be sued.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I know car insurance is a general rip off but what I dont understand is with all the ANPR cameras how uninsured drivers get very far for long.

I would tend to think that its a significant number of people who feel priced out of the car running market who dont care about any fine or punishment they get. It makes me wonder about the effectiveness of any monitoring

I agree there needs to be a car insurance scheme for these tin box killing machines but tend to think the whole insurance market is getting up itself as a giant rip off. The last quote I had they virtually wanted to know the colour of my underpants and I never seem to make any savings...there is always some clause that makes me more of a risk to them. Im always primarily a risk assessment now rather than a valued customer....just stamp a number on my forehead

Thinking a bit naughty here but I can understand why some people chance it

I'm Steve.

When applying for motor insurance, there's nothing the insurers like better than for you to be less than honest in any part of your application, they'll just take your money, no problem, in the event of a claim that's their "get out". So when they ask about your underpants, be sure to mention the exact colour of the skid marks.

These big companies would have you believe that they provide value for money and work on really tight margins, but you only have to look at the glass towers they occupy in London, Manchester etc. They do alright.

+ Reply to Thread